NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Worm in download?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
pBS Wrote:ahh.those are same as autoit problem..in fact, i think that was made based on autoit..
it's mostly the upx compression, and it actually IS a problem, because the compression in question allows other trojans to be hidden inside as well, so while it may appear to be a false positive, it doesn't mean there isn't any danger in running it...so not truly a false positive...Sad

[false positives have been used to get you to let your guard down, so they can get in]

i would seriously look into replacing/rebuilding that file if possible...if you don't have the source then you really don't know what's in it...so the alerts could be warranted..

all that file really is is a autoit style macro to control the dvdshrink window automatically...
not that hard to reproduce from scratch....probably only needs updating, if it's decompilable..

****is that file even necessary?***

The ahk file source is distributed with the plugin. It is cmddvdshrink100.ahk. It is not needed if you do not want to shrink a project down to one DVD. If the DVD project is greater than 4.7gb there is an option to run dvdshrink on it to reduce the size.

I'm pretty sure I recompiled it before I distributed it, but I can't be sure so here is a recompiled version.
EDIT: I just downloaded the lastest autohotkey and recompiled so hopefully the trojan issue will go away with this version. The zip file has the recompile of with the latest version.
works for me...no warnings...Smile [i use Avast n Spybot]
thanx...Big Grin
pBS Wrote:works for me...no warnings...Smile [i use Avast n Spybot]
thanx...Big Grin

Ok I'll package it up this weekend and repost the install.
Pages: 1 2