NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Playing TS files with mvpmc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Um er OK I will be totally honest here I don't know stuff all about .ts files & when I call it the "timeline" I may be totally wrong. :o

To explain I sometimes get digital recordings that appear to have good timelines (when pressing the blue button) but I can't skip back & forward in them as they will end up at some random point, I have always thought these were bad recordings possibly a glitch while they were recording & one of the tools would fix them??

I have also had the "timeline" appears to be totally wrong on the mvp as in 1 second long or starting at 17 seconds & finishing at 18 seconds so you can't skip at all, but when tested on the server pc the "timeline" is fine & skip works fine???? This one has me totally baffled :confused:
You said that will I’m getting the same
mpeg ts and ps files are not the same. In emulation mode mvpmc has nothing to do with the OSD timeline or the file positioning or navigation that all comes from GBPVR but these are not calculated properly in the current release but sub wrote that it might be better in a future release. Since it is hit or miss you might think it is working but it is not.

If you must play SD mpeg-ts files properly you would need to use mvpmc's native mode. Otherwise I continue to recommend that postprocessing of files as the only real solution for the mvp.

Martin
Thanks Martin that sort of even made sense to me :p

mvallevand Wrote:If you must play SD mpeg-ts files properly you would need to use mvpmc's native mode. Otherwise I continue to recommend that postprocessing of files as the only real solution for the mvp.

I had also come to this conclusion. I now 'just' have to find a ffmpeg profile that works for these recordings I guess.......more learning...keeps the brain young I guess <grin>
It may or may not help, but try the attached patch. Untested.
On the PCH I still see 1 second duration.

Martin
Can you play the start of a file, then post your mvp-pvrx2.exe.log? (I'll look at it in the morning)
Sure

Martin
Quote:2009-02-06 01:23:33.894 VERBOSE [7] getValue: /settings/MvpTranscodeTS : true
Can you see if setting <MvpTranscodeTS> to 'false' helps?
Ok, there are two ways that <MVPTranscodeTS> can be set. At the settings level changing it to false doesn't seem to be read. At the mvpspecific level it is read but only when I am not a PCH.

Unfortunately with the PCH emulating an MVP the time still showed as 1 second.
There was a new log entry though ... First PTS is: 2431440000

Martin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6