NextPVR Forums

Full Version: wiki baffle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
OK,

getting a little bit frustrated now, not in a bad way like road rage (is that only a UK thing Smile )

Just looked at wiki again and tweaked another page. I believe that alot of people get put off by the wiki, my observation is that experienced users have got used to its foibles but for a newbie it is so daunting.

Most of it is out of date, nothing is clear and concise, please give views to prove that I am wrong Big Grin

Cheers

Steeb
steeb Wrote:Most of it is out of date, nothing is clear and concise, please give views to prove that I am wrong Big Grin

ain't that a bit exaggerated? keep in mind, a wiki will never ever be able to keep the same pace regarding informations as a forum. so it will obviously be a bit behind. "nothing is clear"?!? some things may be not clear. but nothing?

its a bit tedious to keep it up to date too. you would have to regularly check if it's up to date, change it, add some content, give some points a makeover...

there is no way for one person to keep that up to date, but if someone would do a check & list the portions which need a makeover or need additional info, others could just take that list and contribute.

one suggestion: provide that list & i'll give some points on that list a makeover Smile
Quote:ain't that a bit exaggerated?

Yes to be honest it was. I just happened to be looking at a very complex page with loads of links that didn't add up. Putting my thinking cap on for now,

Cheers

Steeb
OK k.s:

Quote:one suggestion: provide that list & i'll give some points on that list a makeover

I'm trying to work my way down through the Wiki.

Let's start with second link on the left:

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ReadMeFirst

This is very boring and says alot of stuff that was said on the homepage already (even though I took some words out last week).

Any ideas?

Cheers

Steeb

p.s. Love your signature, curiousity did kill at least one Cat
I've just updated the pics to the Config pages, and will update the descriptive text soon. Better leave those pages alone for now...
zehd,

any other pages I should stay out of?

cheers

Steeb
steeb Wrote:zehd,

any other pages I should stay out of?

cheers

Steeb

I have been sort of taking care of the 'config' pages..., ever since I did a huge overhaul a couple of years ago

That and.... My own... UltraXMLTV and ZProcess !!! Big Grin
Would never touch personal pages!

Big Grin

Steeb
You're doing way too much...

For history on utilities etc, you should only have current, just previous, and maybe 99.12 (for the old folks still stuck in last decade...)

If you're wanting to make the wiki less intimidating, make the pages shorter :-)

(I love being able to sit back and criticize... I remember when I was in your shoes...)
Quote:You're doing way too much...

To be fair I'm thinking about doing way too much, I haven't actually DONE anything Wink

Quote:For history on utilities etc, you should only have current, just previous, and maybe 99.12 (for the old folks still stuck in last decade...)

Yes, this is in my head, But really is even 99.12 necessary any more? Sub seems almost to have given up on that?

Quote:If you're wanting to make the wiki less intimidating, make the pages shorter :-)

Exactly what I'm trying to do have contacted Blader_se about this. And have tried to edit on this basis.

Quote:(I love being able to sit back and criticize... I remember when I was in your shoes...)

Do I want to be in my shoes? Cannot I just wear yours :o

Cheers

Steeb
Pages: 1 2 3 4