NextPVR Forums

Full Version: VA Crashes PVRX2 with Community Skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently found that Video Archive causes PVRX2 version 1.3.7 to blow itself away when I used the Community skin. I found the only way to "fix" this was to uninstall the archive plug-in.

Here is a link to the relevant thread: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=38887 It was posted in the Community Skin forum because I only had the problem when I didn't use the Blue skin.
I'll see if I can look into it. Doesn't make any sense since I haven't changed anything in ages on that.
Hmmmm. I have a fresh install of Community3, download and install Video Archive. No crashes bringing it up. Anything specific?

This may be the case that there is something else "helping" to cause this.
Fatman_do Wrote:Hmmmm. I have a fresh install of Community3, download and install Video Archive. No crashes bringing it up. Anything specific?

This may be the case that there is something else "helping" to cause this.
The crashes didn't occur when I brought up Video Archive. In fact, initially I didn't even suspect this was the problem. That is why I originally posted my PVRX2 crashes in the Community Skin forum since it occurred while using Community skin but not while using the Blue skin.

The problem disappeared when I removed the Video Archive plugin. See the original thread to see the PVRX2 log about the fatal error about trying to open a file that was encrypted or a database file that was not a database.

Although I liked the Video Archive plugin, it is my understanding that this is no longer being maintained so I am not interested in pursuing trying to "fix" it since it is at risk from any future changes in GBPVR or the Community skin, even if it doesn't have a problem right now. To me, this is just a time bomb waiting to go off.
just my observation from yesterday using the videos library plugin and community skin. If I go into the library directory and phisically change the skin to the supplied slick skin style I noticed that the videos library does crash pvrx2 on metadata.
hmm, do either of the people with issues have a skin\skintheme\backgound.jpg?

VA being the legacy video archive?
psycik Wrote:hmm, do either of the people with issues have a skin\skintheme\backgound.jpg?

VA being the legacy video archive?

I do in:

skin\Community-SD\backgound.jpg
skin\Community-HD\backgound.jpg
ahh sorry, was just a guess based on some issues that new users/or reinstalled users of ML2 had.