NextPVR Forums

Full Version: what standby events will slimm prevent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will slimm tray prevent ALL standby / shutdown events during recording? I seem to remember a post somewhere that it wouldn't recognize some events but I can't find the info now as to which ones.
XP: should catch them all. (At least, it did, I haven't had an XP box for some time now.)

Vista: doesn't seem to do anything it's supposed to or MSDN says it'll do. Only sometimes it will. :confused:
However, it definitely won't stop standby or hibernate on Vista as Microsoft removed the ability to stop it. They replaced it with Away Mode which means you can't turn your PC off. It should catch restart and shutdowns but Vista seems to be highly secretive about telling anybody what it's going to do with regard to power options. Or perhaps I've upset it and it's not talking to me now.
ABout this topic, I have a wishlist item:

be able to "remap" a shutdown event to stand-by.

Can it be done?
psicotron3 Wrote:ABout this topic, I have a wishlist item:

be able to "remap" a shutdown event to stand-by.

Can it be done?

Yes, presuming SlimmGBPVR catches the shutdown, it is possible to add the functionality that a predefined action takes place when the recording session finishes. However, don't hold your breath. Smile