NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NMT Skin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the best skin for running with the NMT client? Are there any limitations to the skins that can be used with NMT?

Having got my PCH running with GBPVR as PoC I am aware that the Mayhem3 Skin seems to be part of the installation package. Any reason for this?

MT

Paul
The NMTInstaller was really designed for brand-new GBPVR users who own an NMT who have no idea how to gather, install and configure all the required software, and who also may not even want a PVR, but we do want a better experience on their machine. GBPVR installation can be intimidating even overwhelming, and I've seen too many people give up because they can't get the PC version running, or their HDHR installed and I took a view solely from the NMT client.

I choose both the Mayhem3 skin and Music plugins strictly for users comfortable with the xbmc because they do add a bit of eye-candy and functionality. Blue is definitely more efficient because Mayhem3 sends a lot of unnecessary data, and Slick has the potential to be a better choice as it evolves but they are already included with GBPVR. I originally contemplated adding CS3, Blue-Retro, Basic and other skins too, but I wanted to avoid the situation where someone would download all, and then not even bother to try them out. As skins become more HD centric I will re-evaluate the Mayhem3 choice.

No offense was made against the other skin or plugin developers and I hope none was taken, and I certainly didn't want to push existing users to try it

Martin
Thanks Martin, that certanly helps to clarify the situation. I think I'll experiment some more with the skins now things are working

Paul
Further question. If I change the skin to say Blue, should I also download that skin to the PCH HDD? I assume this is to optimise performance?
The skins are always streamed from the server. There is no functionality that would use it from locally on the PCH.
Thanks Sub
On my 1080p PAL TV/PCH, the Mayhem3 skin completely misplaces the picture off the bottom of the screen, Its as though the sync is completely messed up. I don't have that problem with blue or any other community skin.