NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Commercial Cut
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
That would be awesome if you could check this out. I'll try saving it to a file and then running DVD Shrink. Yes, I'm running the latest and greatest of all of these on both machines.
I saved the files for the DVD and then used DVD shrink to compress it down. Unfortantely it did the same thing that burning it straight to DVD did. I was trying to burn 2 shows to DVD. The first one burned sucessfully, but the second one only created the menu - no show. The end of the 1st show was not trimmed as I had told it to either.
I tried to get client mode to work but wasn't having much luck. Are you using file sharing or streaming mode?
Edit: Checked my logs had a error in the recordings dir setting. I'm creating an iso now with the client. I'll let you know how that goes
I ran a commercial cut on two titles and the ISO came out correct. I had the beginning and end of the titles both cut a few minutes.
I set up the client in file sharing mode and mounted a drive ( z: ) which pointed to the recordings dir on the server. I then set the recordings dir in config to z: and all the files showed up and created the dvd ok. Which capture card are you using? It could be an issue with messed up timestamps causing issues.
That's what I did too. I also did a test by copying the mpg over to my client machine and created the dvd from it. It seemed to work a little better than trying to do it over my network. I'm using PVR-150MCE cards. I think the problem I was having with DVD Shrink had to do with AVG flagging cmddvdshrink.exe as having a Trojan in it. I created an exception in AVG for it, and I'll try it again tonight.
I thought I updated to the fixed version that didn't cause the issue with AVG.
That post is here
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...=burndvdx2

That version of cmddvdshrink.exe seemed to work ok.

I will look into whether I updated cmddvdshink.exe in the latest distrib.
Thanks, Pastro. I'll give that exe a try. I still notice an issue with trimming. I tried to create a dvd with 2 shows I recorded on it. The first show did not trim the padding at the end, and the 2nd one did not trim the beginning or the end. Any tips on this? Thanks again for all you're doing.
pbb Wrote:Thanks, Pastro. I'll give that exe a try. I still notice an issue with trimming. I tried to create a dvd with 2 shows I recorded on it. The first show did not trim the padding at the end, and the 2nd one did not trim the beginning or the end. Any tips on this? Thanks again for all you're doing.

I'll look into this. Maybe there is an issue with mencoder start and end times when commercial cut is used.
FYI,
I don't use the trim start and end feature. I set a commercial at the start and end using the embedded skiptool. This seems to work ok. The trim start and end does work when using ffmpeg, but that isn't used with the commercial cut since mencoder is used in this case.
pastro Wrote:I'll look into this. Maybe there is an issue with mencoder start and end times when commercial cut is used.
FYI,
I don't use the trim start and end feature. I set a commercial at the start and end using the embedded skiptool. This seems to work ok. The trim start and end does work when using ffmpeg, but that isn't used with the commercial cut since mencoder is used in this case.

Looks like there is an issue with commercial cut and start and stop times. Start and stop appeared ok without commercial cut, but I lost most of the stop time when I cut out a commercial. The start cut did work ok though. For now edit the start and stop with commercials cuts and see how that works.

EDIT:
The endpos parameter for mencoder seems to be how much video to encode after the start pos. I looked at it as an absolute time so that is probably not right. I'll modify the code and see if this is true. Seems like there is something else lurking there too, but one thing at a time..

Shoot I was already using the delta time for the endpos. I'll look into whether commercial cut and endpos are not compatible
Thanks for the info pastro - you da man. Just to recap - I ended up using another machine that is setup to use GBPVR in client mode. I copied the mpg's I wanted to burn to dvd over to the client pc (not necessary, but sped up the burn process). I replaced the copy of cmddvdshrink.exe with the one you posted. I also trimmed the beginning and end of each recording using SkipTool. Using SkipTool over the MVP was really hard on the old thumb, but using it at the pc was a breeze.

All of the trim's worked fine except for a few which I think had to do with the way I did them. On a few I had just one frame show up of the original starting point. I don't think this was a problem with the program, just with the way I trimmed the video. To trim the beginning of the video I set the In Time of a commericial block to the beginning of the video, and the out time to the beginning of the show. I probably didn't grab the first commericial block (I assume). I'll let you know if I can't get it fixed.

I'll keep doing the beginning and ending trim this way unless I see that the plugin's been changed. Thanks again for all of your help. Merry Christmas!
Pages: 1 2 3 4