NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MVP Transcoding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All

Having just upgraded my machine (which I only use to serve video to MVP units) I'd like to try out the on-the-fly transcoding GBPVR offers. It seemed to work well on a few avi files I had, but the audio seemed to be noisy and I noticed that the CPU was pegged at 50%; since I have a dual core CPU I presume that means that the ffmpeg process is running only a single thread. So, I was wondering whether the variable

<MVPFFmpegTranscodeCmdLineNTSC>

defines the command line used to transcode on the fly? I see that it is converting to 352x240, which seems a little low. I thought I'd play around with some command line settings to see if I can improve the quality.

Thanks!
That's it for Canada and the US. There is also a separate setting for TS files. Note that if you are using the internet as a guide to the ffmpeg command line, sub does distribute an older version and some things have changed.

You might also be interested in ZProcess, it provides a GUI to help make sense of transcoding and zehd can help you too.

Martin