NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MVP Restarting When Viewing Recording
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had a MVP for a few years now, only in the past year or so have I discovered GBPVR and have since been using it to watch downloaded TV shows. Recently I picked up a tuner and want to use it as well

My problem with the MVP is: I can watch Live-TV great, but when I go to watch a recorded (recorded with GBPVR and in the Recordings menu) the video will start, play for maybe 3 to 5 seconds, then the MVP will reboot (MPVMC screen with green/red dots). I'm not sure why this is happening as I can see Live TV fine, but watching what is being/has been recorded crashes the MVP. I can watch these recordings just fine on the PC using PVRX2.exe

A little background on my recent addition of a tuner:

Last week I picked up a HDHomeRun device and spent the weekend getting it working on the machine serving GBPVR > MVP. I can now view the digital QAM stations and get guide info from SchedulesDirect. I'd say the most difficult parts for getting this set up were;

A) Getting the QAM.INI Manager.exe program. I don't think I saw this documented on the HDHR setup page, but without it I don't think that the
GBPVR capture source definition would have picked up the correct frequencies. By default I think my Qam.ini was not set for the center frequencies, is that how it should have been?

B) Once the frequencies were detected, figuring out how to map them to the SchedulesDirect EPG data. Initially I didn't use the SD data and was doing them manually, it wasn't so easy. Getting the SD data in there helped as I could then map them over (I didn't even realize there was a dropdown box to match up SD channel with the frequency)

C) Setting a renderer up. I guess the default render I had going didn't work with the signal coming in. I would get audio and a black video window when viewing live tv. The only way I knew that the channels were tuned in the setting up capture source was that I could hear them and that the frequencies matched up with what HDHR software itself detected for use with VLC. Anyway, I figured out that the Cyberlink video decoder was the one I initially got things set up with, I then settled on the ATI in the end once I installed it. I'm not sure I ever figured out what the PVRX2.exe Video Render did, but I left it as VMR9 Custom.

Anyway, now that I have all of the tuners set and live tv working on the PC I moved on to watching Live TV on the MVP. I'm using an MVPMC dongle and on my first attempt I didn't get live tv. I think I read that I need to change the multiplexer (not sure what this is doing yet) so I set that to ATI MPEG Mux and can now watch SD live tv on my MVP.