NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Page not found when attempting to download long shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone experienced a page not found error when attempting to download recordings over an hour long?
medic29 Wrote:Has anyone experienced a page not found error when attempting to download recordings over an hour long?

There is a timeout that can occur....how long was the download running before it timed out?
The error is pretty much instantaneous. I click the download button and it loads that page. Pretty much zero delay.
medic29 Wrote:The error is pretty much instantaneous. I click the download button and it loads that page. Pretty much zero delay.

Hmm....you mention for recordings over an hour long....I assumed that the download actually started.....from what you say here it sounds as though it does not work period....is that correct. Or does it work for shorter recordings but you get the instant error for longer recordings?
I don't quite know where the cutoff is for length, but in general the programs I record which are around an hour seem to d/l fine. I have recorded a few shows 2 hours long or somewhere in that time frame and when I try to download those the, it seems like the file isn't even accessible.
So you got it right, on the shorter shows the d/l link prompts to save the file, but the longer ones the link goes straight to the error page.
medic29 Wrote:I don't quite know where the cutoff is for length, but in general the programs I record which are around an hour seem to d/l fine. I have recorded a few shows 2 hours long or somewhere in that time frame and when I try to download those the, it seems like the file isn't even accessible.
So you got it right, on the shorter shows the d/l link prompts to save the file, but the longer ones the link goes straight to the error page.

Ok...I think I found what appears to be the problem and it will be fixed in the next release.
Just curious, what was wrong?
medic29 Wrote:Just curious, what was wrong?

There is a Header variable that can be set that specifies the lenght of the file being streamed. I can only assume that there must be a browser enforced limit for files over a certain size. If I do not set the Header variable the problem went away.