NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Web Page as a plugin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have purchased a USB stick that wireless can control lamps....similar to X10
http://www.telldus.se/

I have set up Abyss Web Server for .net 2 with the DeLight.aspx web page and the .Net wrappers for the driver DLL and that works fine. I can control the lamps from the web page.

I have made a DeLight plugin directory in EWA and modified a plugin XML file, so the DeLight tab show up in EWA.
The DeLight DLL files and wrapper files are in a bin directory as the DeLight programmer named it.
The lamp configuration is read from HKEY_CURRENT_USER by the DeLight DLL and should show up on the web page.

But when I drop the web page and DLLs in EWA the web page shows fine but the Lamps doesn't show. I have tested the drop the DeLight files in the Web dir and Public dir.....but I cant get the Lamps to show.
The same directory structure works fine with Abyss and IIS

I have enclosed a Zip with the DeLight files in the /web dir structure.
Any tips on how to get the web page to communicate with the DLLs and read registry configuration in EWA?
I don't kow what I did, but suddenly the devices got listed.
I can now control my lighs from EWA. Very nice indeed.
Glad to hear you got it working....

I would recommend moving the web\images that you created to be in web\Plugins\Delight\Images

You will need to change all the below references in deliaght.aspx

Images/*.png

to use this reference so it can find them:

Plugins/Delight/Images/*.png
I got borded so I tweaked the page code and set it up to run more like a real plugin....you'll keep you tabs with this version. Only thing that doesn't work right is the highlight of the tab.

The person who coded the page did not follow standard practice and has code running within the page....so I didn't want to even try to update that part.

Just backup you delight.aspx page and your config.xml file and you can fall back if something doesn't work....but I think it should work ffine.

Let me know.
UncleJohnsBand Wrote:I got borded so I tweaked the page code and set it up to run more like a real plugin....you'll keep you tabs with this version. Only thing that doesn't work right is the highlight of the tab.

The person who coded the page did not follow standard practice and has code running within the page....so I didn't want to even try to update that part.

Just backup you delight.aspx page and your config.xml file and you can fall back if something doesn't work....but I think it should work ffine.

Let me know.

I just returned to this post and was going to ask you how to do just what you did....to integrate it. Guees if I was happy :-) Thank very much.

One thing, when I click on DeLight Tab, the text delight shows above the "header". It is this line that causes it, because when I remove the line the "header" is displayed as it should.

<%=Session["ActiveTab"] = "delight"%>

I found another asp.net control that is great. With the . Net Scheduler I can schedule when the lamps should be turned on/off. It work fine with EWA to run a command line tool for the lamps......if I use a PUT verb in the control.

This i a free control, so I think you could "integrate" it with EWA.
http://www.aspxforum.ru/default.aspx?a=nsch