NextPVR Forums

Full Version: NMT GBPVR black screen....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all. Just installed the latest version and following the instructions, however I get a black screen when clicking on the html that should start up GBPVR. I have my software firewall so as to let through the app with all permissions, router firewall..presumably that is taken care of via unPNP?

Im stumped. It does seem to me however that there is some communication block between the NMT and GBPVR, but what..dunno.

Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks.
I do not know the answer to your question, but in the meantime you might consider to repost with more information following this instruction: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=16767 Many of us have their configuration in the signature.
I bet somebody with NMT experience will poup soon here to help.
Good luck.
OK, thanks. Attached my logs.

Running Vista 32 bit Ultimate. Popcorn Hour NMT A110 on Asus P5Q Deluxe, P4 dual core E7120. 4GB memory.
I noticed an error starting the Recording Service which you will need to resolve, but I don't think that is your whole problem. Did you follow the Dummies guide or the Survival guide? If you followed the survival guide you have to select telnet and then select gbpvr.

Also what video mode do you use? If you have it set to Auto or if it is not NTSC, PAL, or standard 720p, 1080i or 1080p formats you will need to set a mode in startmeup as detailed in the survival guide.

Edit note that this is posted in the wrong forum if you want to get my attention. I definitely watch the mvpmc and mvpmcx2 forums and only lightly watch the others.

Martin
I followed the Dummies guide, lol. The video mode I use is det to 1080i. I restarted the Recording Service. I even uninstalled and reinstalled after sending in the logs, but still have the same black screen.
Ok, good, have you tried using the Network Browser mode? If it fails you still might be having firewall or other connectivity issues. If the screen goes black on the Network Browser, telnet to you NMT and issue this command

/etc/mvpmc/mvpmcx2

If you see "Querying host parameters" looping for thirty seconds it is probably firewall.

However something is stopping the web server from starting, sub will have to help there.

Martin
I am using the 2nd option in the html..network browser..is that what you are referring to?
Telnet.....sorry but I do not know how to do this. How do I bring up Telnet and exactly what should I enter..when you say telnet to my NMT.
Sorry if this all seems lame, but I have never had the need to use Telnet before.
Just for the record, my Router is the Netgear DG834GT.
Thanks.
Putty is a good telnet client http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/late...taller.exe but you can also install one that comes with Windows. It gives you something like a DOS box that runs on the NMT.

However ased on what you have said, I think running telnet will just confirm the connectivity issue and check all firewalls that you might have running.

Martin
Thanks. I still cant figure out exactly what to put in telnet, but I am now wondering if it maybe the hardware firewall in my router. What are the ports, if any, that may need to be forwarded..just incase the pnp has failed. Cheers.
It doesn't use UPnP. As for port forwarding that should only be necessary between subnets and I can't guarantee that you will be able to use different subnets. You can see the TCP and UDP ports that are opened with

netstat -ano

The ports needed for one NMT/MVP are TCP 5906,7647,8337 and UDP 16881

Martin
Pages: 1 2