NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Philips SRM7500 Multimedia Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Philips SRM7500 remote

anyone got one of these and does it work well with gbpvr
liking the fact that its rf aswell as ir
has a screen that shows media although i wonder if that only works with windows media player

just thought id ask to see if they were any good as my mce remote is getting worn out and they dont seem to be stocking them anymore where i shop
yeah. i am using the srm7500. the remote itself is excellent for its price. i picked mine up online for under $80 brand new.

on gb pvr, it works satisfactorily. channels, volume and menu navigation is no problem. there are alot of functions that the remote has that arent supported as they are in windows media center, guide/live tv/rec tv/dvd, but its not a hassle. the only other thing is avoiding the green button, which does dominate the remote a little.

however, given the amount of functions on it, id recommend it.
yeah your to late Smile

its not to bad

negatives
the start button not been programmable is a pain
the play buttons etc been at the bottom is a bit awkward compared to the Microsoft mce remote
a bit on the large side
no back lighting

pluses
got the buttons programed fine with the use of hip
plus it has a couple of extra buttons so its all good compared to mce remote
Hi,

I'm using this remote, too, and it's far more extensible than any other remote I've seen. You can edit a config file to change the keycodes that are sent by the dongle to windows, so that every single button on the remote can be mapped to whatever you want. I changed the file to use the remote together with eventghost, so that I'm able to control gbpvr on the second monitor without having it to be in the foreground, while other applications on the first monitor can be used without interferences.

The green button starts pvrx2, the power button changes to the system menu where I can suspend the computer (or wakes the up the computer in from standby), the guide / reordings / live tv keys are mapped to the appropiate plugins in gbpvr and so on.

I can attach my eventghost files (and the modified "oneway.config" file of the remote) if you're interested.

The only thing I'm not satisfied with is the media player integration of the remote ("Music" mode), as it consumes so much memory and cpu on startup. And it seems that the vista sideshow thing isn't working at all, the remote just doesn't appear as sideshow device in the vista control panel.

-alibert
Hi,

I was looking at one of these and wondered how good the rf side was? If for instance I was in the bedroom can I change the track etc on the htpc in the room next door which has quite a thick brick wall between?

Thanks
Hi,

it basically works through walls, but not as far as my wireless headphones, for example.

-alibert
where is the oneway.config file located
wouldnt mind a look at your files aswell
Hi,
stustunz Wrote:where is the oneway.config file located
wouldnt mind a look at your files aswell

the config file for the rf dongle is located (in vista) at
%appdata%\Local\MediaControl\OneWay.config.4.0.12.0. I've changed the file in a way that no valid keystrokes are sent to the current foreground app, but the hid device still sends usable data to programs like eventghost. See the attached file for details, but make sure to make a copy of your original file.

In eventghost, I added a hid device and configured eventghost to use raw input data. The raw data contains some bytes that represent the pressed key on the remote, this data is then used to send commands to pvrx2 using "Postmessage". I've attched my eventghost configuration, too.

-alibert
xp must be different as i dont seem to be able to find a file called oneway.config
Hi,

in xp it should be located somewhere below "documents and settings". The complete filename is "OneWay.config.4.0.12.0", where the number represents the mediacontrol version (4.0.12.0 in my case).

-alibert
Pages: 1 2