NextPVR Forums

Full Version: System is going down!! on one video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was getting a black screen when playing one particular .mpg recording on PCH via GBPVR but file plays fine in PCH just browsing for file. Ran via telnet session and saw the following:
Quote:RDC_PLAY
-1 -1
(!) [ 1098: 0.000] --> Caught signal 10 (sent by the kernel) <--
(*) SMP863x: ------------------------ em86_free_layer_surface layer=0 scaler=6 ------------------------
(*) SMP863x: ------------------------ em86_free_layer_surface layer=1 scaler=1 ------------------------
(*) SMP863x: ------------------------ em86_free_layer_surface layer=3 scaler=4 ------------------------
(*) SMP863x: em86_main_video_scaler_deinterlace: mode=0
(*) Deinterlacing config: Discard/Bob; using_xlacing_motion_scaler=0
[src/mem_mngr.c:696] MRUA memory map ID MMAP_DirectFB_BASE (0xfc800e) released
[src/mem_mngr.c:696] MRUA memory map ID MMAP_VIDEO_2_BASE (0x80000a) released
[src/mem_mngr.c:853] DCC-HD MRUA memory allocator uninitalized
(!) System is going down !!
(!) System is down!!
Bus error
/etc/mvpmc #
Does that mean anything to anyone? If it's just a problem with the one recording (why does it play in PCH, just not using GBPVR?) then I'm not overly bothered but if it signals something else (memory errors?) then obviously that's more of an issue.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Once the system memory is corrupt then you will see that error which means that you need to do a power off reboot (or type reboot from telnet), there is no "soft" recovery. This can result from the GBPVR connection dying while video is playing and the NMT browser is launched.

A typically real-life scenario with GBPVR only, is a video that has a comskip file and the first commercial happens to be at the beginning of the file. If you think it is something else I can look at the logs.

Martin
Thanks Martin.

I did a reboot from telnet three times and each times got the same error and then did a power down reboot - same again. There are no comskip files, the folder has just the mpg file. It's probably just a problem with that mpeg and hopefully it'll not happen again so, as I said before, it's not a big issue. I'll keep this file as it's only 5 minutes long so if it does happen again I'll put it somewhere for you to try it out if you want to.

Cheers, and happy Christmas!
If you could you make it available now that would be great, if you want upload it to megaupload or private a private link and PM me the details.

Martin
Hi Martin
Sorry for lack of response - Xmas and all that!
I think the problem is actually the name of the program/file as another similar failed to play and that was long too. I truncated the file name and it played OK.
If you want to test the second folder/file was called:
Peter Kays Britains Got An Extra Pop Factor and then Some 2 + 1\Peter Kays Britains Got An Extra Pop Factor and then Some 2 + 1_20081219_21002200.mpg.
Have a happy Christmas and thanks for all your support this year.
Yes thanks, there is definitely a problem with a length greater than 127 characters. I must have a signed char that I need to fix later tonight.

Martin
Ok, a fixed version is now uploaded to mvpmc.org It should allow up to 256 characters.

Martin
Downloaded, installed and worked a treat, of course.
Cheers
Ah, spoke too soon.
This version has caused me a small problem with ML2.
I have always had a problem using ML2 on PCH in that it always plays the first song in the playlist twice, (I suspect it may be first using a playlist of the first song as you can't use 'next' followed without intevention by the full playlist at which point you can 'next').
I've been meaning to ask why this happens and find a solution for a while but it hasn't been that big an issue.
However, when I use the latest mvpmcx2 it only plays the first song (playlist?) and then stops so I have had to revert back to the old mvpmcx2 for now.
Again, no big issue but any is it more to do with mvpmcx2 or ML2 do you think? I never know where is best to post these sort of support queries that probably involve more than one developer so thought maybe I could hi-jack my own thread!
I guess you can start by uploading your logs. If I see something I can redirect you. mvpmcx2's only role in this should be to just pass the playlist name to mono (which gives the prev and the next). psycik solved the double play issue with ML2 many months ago, so I wonder if your ML2 current? I also know that sub changed the queueing logic in 1.3.7, gbpvr queues single songs as playlist, but I don't know if this impacts ML2, I don't test with any plugins anymore.

Martin
Pages: 1 2