NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Subs ok in PVRX2, not working in MVP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there

When playing a xvid on pc, vobsub works fine i PVRX2.
But when using the same movie in MVP there is no subs.
I have not tried subs on MVP before.
Srt viewer is enabled and set to true in config.
The yellow button on remote does nothing.
The IPersistStream error is fixed.
Am i missing something ?

Thomas

Made an update after two years just for that, so i am a bit rusty, but i couldnt find any in the search.
abcwille Wrote:Hi there

When playing a xvid on pc, vobsub works fine i PVRX2.
But when using the same movie in MVP there is no subs.
I have not tried subs on MVP before.
Srt viewer is enabled and set to true in config.
The yellow button on remote does nothing.
The IPersistStream error is fixed.
Am i missing something ?

Thomas

Made an update after two years just for that, so i am a bit rusty, but i couldnt find any in the search.

Any of the config selections for SRTs in GB-PVR, do not affect viewing SRT files on the MVP, and by default there is no support to display SRT files on the MVP.

However, ZProcess can be used with either the default dongle or mvpmc. While using MEncoder as the transcode engine, it supports srt subtitle files.

It sounds like you might not be familiar with ZProcess, and I'd be happy to walk you through, though typically it's one click (choice of NTSC and PAL) on setup, and then for you, you need to choose display subtitles...

It will work just fine, plus you'll have 'maintain aspect ratio' and colour correction, to boot!
Wauv you are quick.

I did try your Zprocess the other day, but my old Shuttle seam to be outdated. It stuttert now and then when using either Mencoder or FFmpeg.
It works fine with built in Ffmpeg.
I was trying to get a better aspect ratio with Zprocess. Nice tool .

Well, I have to embed subs in movies to get it working.
Thanks for reply.

Thomas
abcwille Wrote:Wauv you are quick.

I did try your Zprocess the other day, but my old Shuttle seam to be outdated. It stuttert now and then when using either Mencoder or FFmpeg.
It works fine with built in Ffmpeg.
I was trying to get a better aspect ratio with Zprocess. Nice tool .

Well, I have to embed subs in movies to get it working.
Thanks for reply.

Thomas

First, if you get no stutter from default GB-PVR/FFmpeg, then using ZProcess (but selecting FFmpeg as the prferred transcoder in the Trans2MVP profile) should be identical except it will also adjust aspect ratio, and use dimensions of 640x480 (or 576) which is usually a better picture.

You might want to select a smaller dimensions (similar to the GB-PVR default) and then at least FFmpeg would be OK.

If that solves your stuttering, then possibly, switching to MEncoder, but keeping the dimensions may do the trick
Hi Frank

After your post, I tried ones more to make it work.
I found the latest Ztools from your post( not the wiki) and that did it.
I works perfect with Mencoder on my old Shuttle with Amd 2500+ .
Havent tried subs yet.
One thing though !
My two years old Gbpvr had no problems with old Divx movies.
When i updated to newest Gbpvr, the FFMPEG only plays new Xvid movies. Not the old Divx. And Mencoder has the same problems.
MVP crash everytime I try.
Can I do anything about that or should I begin living in the presents :-)

Edit:
I am still using the built-in Trans2mvp.exe

Thomas
abcwille Wrote:Hi Frank

After your post, I tried ones more to make it work.
I found the latest Ztools from your post( not the wiki) and that did it.
I works perfect with Mencoder on my old Shuttle with Amd 2500+ .
Havent tried subs yet.
One thing though !
My two years old Gbpvr had no problems with old Divx movies.
When i updated to newest Gbpvr, the FFMPEG only plays new Xvid movies. Not the old Divx. And Mencoder has the same problems.
MVP crash everytime I try.
Can I do anything about that or should I begin living in the presents :-)

Edit:
I am still using the built-in Trans2mvp.exe

Thomas

Actually I don't think you are using this: Trans2mvp.exe, if you are using ZProcess. But that's another issue...

Can you make available a copy of one of your old videos, and I'll try and make it work. Post a public web space, or PM me with a private web space.
BTW, if you use MEncoder (I strongly suggest Release Candidate 2) and you see a 'Presented by ZProcess' subtitle, then subs will work.

Be sure that the sub file is the same name as the video file
Thats great . It is about 700 mb. I will put one on a ftp this evening. Dont spent to much time. I can easily live without. But my children :-)
And about subs. I use the 2. candidate and sees the 'Presented by ZProcess' every time it starts.

I will find a srt sub and a movie and try it.

thanks

Thomas
abcwille Wrote:Thats great . It is about 700 mb. I will put one on a ftp this evening. Dont spent to much time. I can easily live without. But my children :-)
And about subs. I use the 2. candidate and sees the 'Presented by ZProcess' every time it starts.

I will find a srt sub and a movie and try it.

thanks

Thomas

A little teaser... I got it all happening for you. You're going to be happy, I think... No you don't have to give up on the past. BTW, one of those clips of the animation was really well drawn. Where's it from?

Anyway, I'm ready to start trying people out, but I have to find time to document.

I have to do some more shopping and spend the day with my girl. If I have time, it'll be tonight or tomorrow, if not the day after that...
No rush because of me. Its christmas :-)
The movie is a danish animated cartoon. http://www.amazon.com/Fish-Tale-Alan-Ric...B000GBEWKM (english version)

In Denmark it is called Help I am a fish.

It is very good .

Thomas