NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Can't connect to GBPVR with PH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I had GBPVR working with PH using Simese and it was working well. Turned the PH on last night and when trying to connect I get the message "mount mounting \\192.168.1.1' which is my router address. Everything else seems to be working fine with the exception of connecting to GBPVR.
I asked if a guilty party was involved but I don't think anyone did anything.
EDIT: when I keep trying the same thing over and over (the definition of insanity) I get 'mkdir: cannont create director" (they can't spell either)
Seems I can connect by browsing the network but not every time. Maybe 1 out of 3 times it connects. I'm going to try this in XP and see what happens.
An error like can be a problem in gbpvr.cgi, the reason the messages are short are the content-lenghth for the resulting html output is incorrect.

The 1/3 ratio seems odd however, it is one of those things that either should work or not. You might be having network issues or possibly even firewall issues if you are getting the request cannot be processed message. If you don't see this message zip up some logs after it fails and I will see if there is a connect that is crashing.

Martin
Thanks Martin. I'm looking at all the things you mention and confess, I don't know jack about simese and since I can't seem to get EWA working either, it's a cat and mouse game.
Not sure how much time I have but if and when I need to, I'll post the logs here.
Here's the logs from the last try.
Connection problem will have absolutely nothing to do with Simese. You are using it to replace the GBPVR web server for sending media to the PCH.

Martin
That much I understand. I'm still kind of punked that I could never get the web server to work.
Some of this is a learning curve (my fault) and some of this is the system. But, it's the same with XP and Vista on 2 different computers and even with W7 which, so far, works the same with the PH. I may fire up Ubuntu and see what it does as well.
The main thing is that one way or another, I'm able to play videos and music from my computer to my tv (though I've found the music doesn't sound so great).
Lots of different things but nothing specific, maybe try running blue skin for a while?

MVP-PVRX2.exe-3.log

sub will need to explain what mvpVideoDuration: 3895 means

MVP-PVRX2.exe-2.log

the pch lost connection but there are many, many live tv segments so something about the buffering was not working sub needs to look at this too. Maybe simese was having trouble with small livetv files?

MVP-PVRX2.exe-1.log

running config caused restart. it does take a few seconds to reconnect here

For audio make sure you have volume set at zero level, anything in red will distort, Syabas made a stupid decision based on a couple of complaints of low volume to allow distorted crappy audio.

Martin
Quote:the pch lost connection but there are many, many live tv segments so something about the buffering was not working sub needs to look at this too. Maybe simese was having trouble with small livetv files?
Yeah, I'm guessing simese doesnt cope with still-growing or very small live tv files.
I can get it to work sometimes for live tv and when it works, it works fine but I spent 3 hours working with my router and the restrictions. I removed everything and started from scratch and finally got EWA working for now. We'll see if that helps solve some of the PH problems.
Pages: 1 2