NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MVPMCX2 goes black after 17 sec
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Upgrade to GBPVR 1.3.7 for using it now with my PCH A-100.
I postponed the upgrade since TV-recordings are SD and the good old mvp starts playing instantenously whereas the PCH delays because of mono. But, I've read in the release notes that Martin has solved this... That would be the defenity blow in the neck for the mvp and send him to the basement.

Anyway, GBPVR/MVPMCX2 starts on the PCH, I can see the Mayhem3 scree and afetr approx 17 sec, the screen goes blank. Only remedy is to use the power-off button on the remote to return to native PCH GUI.

How do I collect log files on the PCH to give me a clue what is happening?
No information in log-files on pc.

John
Since you say you have an mvp, you probably are auto-starting two or more servers. Unplug your mvp and lower this to one, and duplicate the problem when playing from the PCH. Your logs should show the problem.

Martin
#servers set to 1 and reproduced the problem. Logs attached. How do I collect log on the PCH?
Although I have the ML2 and MovieWizard plugins installed; I do not have them enabled. I'll see what happens if I delete these plugins.

Enjoy your X-mas. This problem is not blocking ;-)

John
same behaviour, even with ML2 & Weather removed.
Even when switched to blue-skin, after approx 17 sec mvpmcx2 stops and a black screen is the result.

John
I noticed that you have config.xml set to use the unrecommended resolution of 1920x1024 as the screen resolution and not 1280x720. If you use this you need to add --display 1920x1024 to the startmeup command line. I don't recommend it because the screens are noticeably slower but feel free to experiment for yourself. Videos will still play at the highest resolution and don't use this setting

GBPVR is supposed to adjust for this but Mayhem3 clearly doesn't. I didn't find the problem with the blue skin but it probably is happening when the time is sent.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Martin
I'll experiment with the settings. Thanks for pointing it out.

John
Hi Martin,

Just to report back. Modifying the startup dimensions of the screen to 1280x720 did the trick. All plays fine now.

Guess the MVP has just lost its place in the living room to the PCH ;-)

Keep up the good work!

John