NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Apparent interaction between Netflix Watch Now and Graph Recorder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using Graph Recorder for firewire capture from my STB, and it has been working fine. I started working with Netflix Watch Now in the last few days and it seems to have affected Graph Recorder. Specifics:

Installed Netflix Watch Now 1.0.2.5 and then upgraded to 1.0.2.6rc1 based on discussions on this forum. Then went back to 1.0.2.3 since I am using an old, non-Silverlight Netflix account, and I think I got all the newer files replaced with the older ones; I just copied into the directories.

1.0.2.3 was the first install that played a movie (downloaded with 1.0.2.5) and appeared to successfully download another movie. It did get the DRM permissions popups when I started the play.

However, the installs of Netflix seemed to break Graph Recorder. According to the logs, Graph Recorder was looking for directshowlib-2005.dll in the \plugins\netflix directory. So, I copied the dll to this directory, and now Graph Recorder works. But, Netflix does not, at least it won't play the movie it previously played. Prior to the above, the only instance of this dll was in the \plugins\graph recorder directory.

Any idea why it wants to look in the \Netflix directory? Or why the presence of this dll appears to break Netflix?

Thanks.
Have you tried putting the dll in the main gbpvr dir or in the common dir for the plugins?

Not sure what is causing the issue but that may help.

I just installed netflix now yesterday and it doesn't work (dies getting movie descriptions) but it doesn't break graphRecorder.

CV
I'll take a look when I get home but I think this is due to a bug with GBPVR. Sub is aware of the bug. I would try placing the dll in the plugins\common folder as carpeVideo suggested.
Thanks guys. I'll try the common directory and report back.
I moved the directshowlib dll from the Netflix folder to the plugins\common folder and everything seems to be fine (it already was in the \plugins folder, if that means anything). I started a new thread with Netflix problems.