NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Watch Now kills PVRX2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm using version 1.0.2.3 with an old, non-Silverlight Netflix account. I have been able to download and play a movie, but most of the time PVRX2 is killed either getting the movie description, or starting the player. Two log excerpts attached:

Code:
2008-12-31 11:34:07.828    INFO    [1]    Netflix: Watch Now: Plugin activated.
2008-12-31 11:34:31.750    INFO    [1]    Netflix: Watch Now: Deactivating plugin.
2008-12-31 11:34:31.843    INFO    [1]    Netflix: Watch Now: Internal deactivation complete. Calling base.Deactivate()
2008-12-31 11:34:34.062    INFO    [1]    Netflix: Watch Now: Plugin activated.
2008-12-31 11:35:27.765    ERROR    [29]    FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION:: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: startIndex
   at System.Globalization.CompareInfo.IndexOf(String source, String value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 count, CompareOptions options)
   at System.Globalization.CompareInfo.IndexOf(String source, String value, Int32 startIndex)
   at Netflix.WatchNow.Movie.GetDetails()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

In the following, it seemed to be in a loop as the error is repeated until I killed the PVRX2 application from Task Manager:

Code:
2008-12-31 11:35:49.359    INFO    [1]    Netflix: Watch Now: Plugin activated.
2008-12-31 11:35:49.375    INFO    [1]    Netflix: Watch Now: Temp path (for NMT debug) = 'e:\Temp\'
2008-12-31 11:35:49.375    INFO    [1]    Netflix: Watch Now: Cookie path (for NMT debug) = 'C:\Documents and Settings\GBPVR\Cookies'
2008-12-31 11:35:49.375    INFO    [1]    Netflix: Watch Now: Client ID (for NMT debug) = 'VMR'
2008-12-31 11:35:56.359    WARNING    [1]    requested skin file not found: C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR\skin2\blue\Netflix\mmc.xml
2008-12-31 11:36:50.015    ERROR    [1]    Unexpected error: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   at Netflix.WatchNow.Downloader..ctor(Movie movie, Int32 streamIndex)
   at Netflix.WatchNowPlugin.handlePopupCallback(Object popup, String command)
   at GBPVRX2.Popups.PopupBase.GetRenderList()
   at GBPVRX2.BaseButtonListUiTask.GetRenderList()
   at Netflix.WatchNowPlugin.GetRenderList()
   at GBPVRX2.MenuTask.x9006c1ed9ccb79de.GetRenderList()
   at GBPVRX2.x0061b801bdf12d35.xdb012c437aec4a40(Boolean xd23bf32f3b17e3be)
   at GBPVRX2.xb979ad394703258e.xfb409e85bd292293(String[] xf18a926310372520)
2008-12-31 11:36:50.609    ERROR    [1]    Unexpected error: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
   at Netflix.WatchNow.Downloader..ctor(Movie movie, Int32 streamIndex)
   at Netflix.WatchNowPlugin.handlePopupCallback(Object popup, String command)
   at GBPVRX2.Popups.PopupBase.GetRenderList()
   at GBPVRX2.BaseButtonListUiTask.GetRenderList()
   at Netflix.WatchNowPlugin.GetRenderList()
   at GBPVRX2.MenuTask.x9006c1ed9ccb79de.GetRenderList()
   at GBPVRX2.x0061b801bdf12d35.xdb012c437aec4a40(Boolean xd23bf32f3b17e3be)
   at GBPVRX2.xb979ad394703258e.xfb409e85bd292293(String[] xf18a926310372520)

Hope this helps. This is a nice plug in, thanks for all the work so far.

I might not have a clean install as I downgraded from 1.0.2.5 and 1.0.2.6rc1. Let me know if you think I should clear everything out and start over.
Zip and post the full pvrx2 showing the error. It will be late before I get to take a look at it though.
Here's the full log.

The first downloaded movie played OK. Further attempts at the same and a different previously downloaded movie failed, i.e., they returned to the Watch Now menu and it was non-responsive. I was able to get back to the main GBPVR menu using the back (escape) key on the remote.

Hope this helps.
Code:
2008-12-31 15:38:28.484    VERBOSE    [1]    Netflix: Watch Now: Watching movie: "D:\Netflix\Movie Cache\Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind\Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.wmv"
Does this movie play if you open it directly in Windows Media Player?
This movie (Eternal Sunshine...) plays fine in WMP. WMP pops up a window asking permission to go to Netflix to get the rights, then Netflix pops up a window with a play button that is activated in a few seconds. Clicking on the play button starts the movie and it plays fine. All the WMP controls work, including fast forward and skip. The other downloaded movie (Transsiberian) also plays fine and works the same.

As a side note, I tried to get watch now working in IE on this machine but it complained of insufficient disk space. The temporary internet files are on a partition that has 4GB free. (I originally had them and the TEMP folder on a small partition, but recently moved them back to C:.) I called Netflix about this and they said I had to go on Silverlight, they couldn't/wouldn't support the older player. I said no thanks for today.

I tried Watch Now again and it killed PVRX2 (exited to desktop) when it tried to get the information for a movie I selected on the new releases list. PVRX2 log attached, but unfortunately wasn't set to debug.
Quote:This movie (Eternal Sunshine...) plays fine in WMP. WMP pops up a window asking permission to go to Netflix to get the rights, then Netflix pops up a window with a play button that is activated in a few seconds. Clicking on the play button starts the movie and it plays fine. All the WMP controls work, including fast forward and skip. The other downloaded movie (Transsiberian) also plays fine and works the same.
Set Windows Media Player to "Download usage rights automatically when I play or sync a file". (Tools->Options->Privacy).

Quote:As a side note, I tried to get watch now working in IE on this machine but it complained of insufficient disk space. The temporary internet files are on a partition that has 4GB free. (I originally had them and the TEMP folder on a small partition, but recently moved them back to C:.) I called Netflix about this and they said I had to go on Silverlight, they couldn't/wouldn't support the older player. I said no thanks for today.
Moving the temporary internet files folder to a different partition would have no effect. The Netflix player downloads the movies to a different folder.
I figured there was a "privacy" setting in WMP for this; thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try.
Setting WMP to download rights automatically fixed the pop-up issue. The files now play without any issues in WMP.

From a fresh start of PVRX2, I can play one already downloaded file. However, attempting to play a second already downloaded file kills PVRX2 and returns to the desktop at the "getting movie information" panel. The panel comes up and then PVRX2 exits in a couple of seconds.

Restarting PVRX2 and then attempting to play one of the downloaded files resulted in audio from the movie, but the screen stayed on the Watch Now menu.

Want more logs?
I think I might know the problem but I will need to wait until I get home to check the code.
OK, no problem. Whenever you get to it. Smile
Pages: 1 2