NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Gamezone goes back to main menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've recently updated to the newest version of gamezone (from 1.4), and now whenever I select a rom from any list (I use MAME, Kega and NES), I just get kicked back to the main PVRX2 menu. I've tried going back to an older version of Gamezone, gone through the config as much as I know how, went down to just one emulator, deleted and rebuilt the Mame rom database (as suggested in another thread), but nothing seems to work.
When I look at my logs (dangerous, I know), is seems that it is not calling any .exe file (am I reading that right?), then calling the main menu back as gamezone shuts down.
Can anyone shed some light on what might be going on?
Thanks,
Jeff
I think as you were so far behind the warnings that were around regarding the database being upgraded were missed by you.

Please try the following:

go into your gbpvr/gamezone directory and rename GameZone.mdb to GameZone.mdb.old
then reinstall the gamezone 2.4 base version which will give you an empty database.
then install the latest patch file
please try again, if it does not work go into the general tab and tick the insane loggin option exit the config applet and retry running gamezone let me have the very verbose log file that is produced.

Thanks
Yes, I was a bit behind. I don't use the emulators too much these days, but your suggestion fixed it right up. I swear I tried that last night, but it was pretty late...
Thanks for the help,
Jeff
Good to hear your sorted.

I find myself using GameZone as a general application launcher and the grandkids using it for games.
I am using it so much for applications that I am thing of adding an option to run items in the background under their own control, this would be useful for batch files that could be launched manually, they would work in the background and do their thing and close when they had finished. The danger being that you could get multiple instances running as there wouldn't be any indication of what was still running and what was not :-(