NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Tool crashes in Windows XP SP3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
UPDATE: I've just noticed an entry under Start->All Programs->Channel Logo Tool - there's an item "Microsoft Primary Operability Assemblies 2005". I clicked on that and it appeared to install additional files. Now, when I run the Channel Logo Tool, it no longer crashes. Am I being daft? I didn't see any reference to this in the tool's installation documentation. Anyway, maybe this post will help others . Thanks for the handy utility!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've installed this tool without any difficulty, but when I run it, it crashes at a point with an unhandled exception indicating that it can't load file "Microsoft.mshtml". This occurs after it has opened a window and allowed me to drill down through selecting station icons. When I click on "next", the crash occurs. This is the point in the instructions as follows: "Select an icon of a channel you’re familiar with. CLT will load and display a series of icons including the one you’ve selected. These will be in alphabetical order. When this page has loaded, click “Next”. ".

Attached is a .txt file with the full output from the crash message.

I am running on a stable HTPC running Windows XP SP3 as the only user with full admin rights. .Net 1.1 and 2.0 SP1 are installed (if that matters). GB-PVR (latest version) runs well.

What's wrong?
hi

Which version are you running??? , I'd thought I'd got this resolved within the installer. This was an issue in the older installers or so I thought ???
Glad I found this post as I have had the same problem but running the program mentioned above has fixed.

Running Version latest version @ 28/05/09
It does not seem to run in Vista 64
zilwin Wrote:It does not seem to run in Vista 64

errr I'll look into Vista 64...