NextPVR Forums

Full Version: GameZone 2.9.5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have done the following with this version:
  • Additional error checking
  • Additional debug logging
  • Tidied up some code
  • Added the Escape key as a back out of folders/emulators similar to video Library
  • Added folders for directories
  • Removed the [DIR] prefix from Directories
  • using the parent item in the list works different than the escape this is intentional

Please advise if there are any issues
You must copy the dll AND the skin file for this patch to work

Cheers

Just upgraded and it works and looks GREAT!Big Grin

Just a couple small things...

idkpmiller Wrote:[*]using the parent item in the list works different than the escape this is intentional

I first hit the parent item when I was trying to back out of my rom lists with directories, and was surprised when it would let me back WAY up... I can go all the way to the root of the drive from C:/program files/denvz/gbpvr/gamezone/nes/roms/nesroms/zapper/ using it. Is this what was intended while using the parent item and not using the Esc. key?

idkpmiller Wrote:[*]Added the Escape key as a back out of folders/emulators similar to video Library

Previously selected folders are remembered in the list when backing out of directories within an emulator or program screen. When I back out to the main emulator selection screen, the selected item always changes to the top item in the menu no mater what emulator I was in. It would be nice to still be on the last button you were on if you accidentally hold the down arrow a bit too long before you hit the select key and end up in the wrong emulator like I do sometimes...:o Having the menu position remembered would also be handy for testing the images for roms in the pop up windows for all installed emulators.Wink
Great Feedback!

5l4k3r Wrote:Just upgraded and it works and looks GREAT!Big Grin

Just a couple small things...

Great to hear, But......

Quote:I first hit the parent item when I was trying to back out of my rom lists with directories, and was surprised when it would let me back WAY up... I can go all the way to the root of the drive from C:/program files/denvz/gbpvr/gamezone/nes/roms/nesroms/zapper/ using it. Is this what was intended while using the parent item and not using the Esc. key?
Oops, no that was not my intention, hmm need to rethink that decision,

Quote:Previously selected folders are remembered in the list when backing out of directories within an emulator or program screen. When I back out to the main emulator selection screen, the selected item always changes to the top item in the menu no mater what emulator I was in. It would be nice to still be on the last button you were on if you accidentally hold the down arrow a bit too long before you hit the select key and end up in the wrong emulator like I do sometimes...:o Having the menu position remembered would also be handy for testing the images for roms in the pop up windows for all installed emulators.Wink
Will look into this. good ideas...

Thanks
I played with the new version again after I got a little bit of sleep, and I found another "bug". This one has to do with going back with the escape button when exiting emulators with multiple directories.

If you go into a folder on an emulator screen then hit exit a couple of times it goes back an extra directory.

As an example... For NES I have a directroy (NESroms) that has folders and also roms in it. If I pick one of the roms without going into one of the folders, it brings me to the emulator select menu when I hit escape. This is how it used to work before.

Now If I do go into one of the folders, then hit escape, it brings me to a screen with the parent item and NESroms folder in the list. Then if I hit escape another time it will bring me back to the emulator select menu. If I hit the parent item it allows me to go all the way to the root of the drive as I explained in my last post.

It's not a huge thing, just one extra press of the escape key is needed, but only when you go into a directory while selecting roms. I just thought you would want to know.

Thanks much.
I now have a test item that uses a rom path that is not a drive and I can see the issue, being a tad awkward to get rid of so may take a nother day or so of tinkering. will look at the menu item being remebered as that should be possible just more things to tinker with.

I already knows it doesnt work with multiple rom paths but I am not to fussed at correcting that any time soon.

Cheers
Can you give 2.9.6 a whirl.
  • Found a couple more bugs in the directory handling area.
  • Now the menubuttion is also remembered,
  • Still doesn't support multiple rom paths.
  • Fixed an issue with XtraEmulator not launching applications with no ROM paths.

it still needs the skin.xml file that was distributed with version 2.9.5
Love to hear you feedback

Cheers
I upgraded, and the remembering of the menu position is GREAT!Big Grin

The going all the way back to the root of the drive using the parent item is fixed.Smile

I Noticed a bug where if you hit the Esc. key in ePSXe rom/disk/bios select screen, it goes to the PVRX2 main menu instead of to the emulator select menu. This bug was in the last update, but I didn't catch it in time to let you know before this release.:o

There is also a strange bug that is happening with an XtraEmulator called Nin64 I have set up for Project64 1.7b. I had to do this because of the different way that Project64 1.6 handles path names from 1.7b.

This only happens when I first go into Nestopia and go into one of the directories with roms in it, then exit to the emulator select menu, then go into Nin64. When I hit the Esc. key to exit, it goes back to the folder and parent item for the Nestopia directory. It's strange that it doesn't go back to the directory I have set up for Project64 1.7b. This only happens in Nin64, and none of the other XtraEmulators I have set up. I have attached the logs.

This is the first time I had to go into the Config (to make sure everything was good with my rom paths for Nestopia, and Nin64, and to turn on the advanced logging) and everything seemed good in there.

Thanks again for all the work you have been putting into this plugin!
I will take a look at the epsxe bios, I didn't test that although to be honest I'm surprised anyone actually uses it.

As for your N64 and xtraEmulator Nin64 bug, I have tried similar things here and do not see the error. I can see in the log below an issue:

Code:
GameZone: Escape Pressed and there is a current ROM Path
2009-01-08 16:14:25.718    VERBOSE    [1]    GameZone: Emulators Root Rom Path = C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\Gamezone\N64\Roms
2009-01-08 16:14:25.718    VERBOSE    [1]    GameZone: Current Rom Path = C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR\Gamezone\nes\roms
2009-01-08 16:14:25.718    VERBOSE    [1]    GameZone: i = 41
2009-01-08 16:14:25.718    VERBOSE    [1]    GameZone: Path that should be selected when we change directory is [roms]
2009-01-08 16:14:25.718    VERBOSE    [1]    GameZone: Parent Rom Path Length = 41
2009-01-08 16:14:25.718    VERBOSE    [1]    GameZone: Parent Rom Path = C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR\Gamezone\nes

This shows that the currentrompath you are on is not along the emulators rom path which I am not sure how it got to be in this situation. I will play with my setup some more but it would be really useful if you could give me the following files:

zip up the whole gamezone/paths directory
provide the file gamezone/AllSystems

Thanks

[EDIT] To be on the safe side could you in addition provide the Gamezone Plugin section from the config.xml file. Thanks!
idkpmiller Wrote:I will take a look at the epsxe bios, I didn't test that although to be honest I'm surprised anyone actually uses it.

Actually, it just kicks me to gbpvr's main menu when I hit the Esc. key to back out to the emulator selection screen of Gamezone. I didn't click on the buttons to run anything, just clicked in, then tried to Esc. out.

It's kind of cool to see the PSX bios in all it's glory on my LCD through Gamezone, just the sound it makes when it shows up brings back warm fuzzy memories of when I was a bit younger!Big Grin

I did find another bug besides the epsxe Escape and the Nin64 Escape bugs.

When I run any of the PC Games I have set up, after I close out of the game, It backs me up with every press of the Escape key, directory by directory, until it gets to the root of the drive, then it kicks me out to PVRX2's main menu...

I zipped up everything you asked for, and made a new set of logs also. What I did was:

1.Started pvrx2 and went into Gamezone

2. Clicked into Nin64 and Escaped out to the Emulator select screen 3 times to show that it does work correctly until I go into the NES emulator.

3. Went into the NES emulator, then into the Hacks Directory and then escaped back out to the emulator select screen.

4. Went back into Nin64 and Escaped out to the NES Roms Directory and Parent Item Icon, then Escaped back out to the emulator select screen.

5. Went into PC Games to show the new bug I found:eek:

6. Ran Megaman X, then exited MegamanX.

7. Tried to Escape out of PC Games, which just kept backing me out of directories until it just exited me to the main menu of pvrx2.

8. Exited pvrx2.

Hope everything is clear... It's been a long night working the graveyard shift, and I'm a bit tired. If you need anything else, let me know and I'll try to get it to you A.S.A.P.

-travis-
I will take a look at your logs later. the main issue is that I am currently only handing the escape key when the focus is on the list, if the focus is on the menubuttons I am not handling it.

Therer are three ways this can go.

1. I go through each possible scenario for each emulator and try to cover them all, Not recommended.
2. I blanket capture any escape that is issued when the list is not focused, A child button would go back to the parent a parent button would appear to do nothing. pressing main menu would be the only way to get back to the main menu
3. same as 2 but I check if the parent is a parent and will go back to main menu if pressed, downside is more coding and over zealous pressing of the escape will drop you out of gamezone.

any preference? I think option 3 is the way to go.

Cheers
Pages: 1 2