NextPVR Forums

Full Version: How to use with Multiple Lineups and SchedulesDirect?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have two lineups setup in Schedules Direct. One for analog and one for digital. I am trying to setup channel logos. I already had logos setup for my analog channels. I am running XP SP3. The Channel Logo Tool only shows the previously setup analog channels, so there is no way to assign logos to the digital channels. I also get an exception when entering the mapping screen. The popup has a continue option and it seems to work. Is there a way around this. Can I delete my analog tuners and maybe just map the digital tuners and keep the mapping for the analog channels? And then add the analog tuners back. Or do I need to delete the lineup for analog channels in Schedules Direct, map the digital channels, and then add the analog lineup back? The checkbox for SchedulesDirect Detected is checked. Using CLT 3.73.
odd, I myself using two digital channels and 1 analogue so it should have worked but I'll look at the exception you have provided and report back shortly ....

Can you post the err file for CLT ? it's hiding within the CLT install directry

Quote:I have two lineups setup in Schedules Direct. One for analog and one for digital. I am trying to setup channel logos. I already had logos setup for my analog channels. I am running XP SP3.

CLT should handle this regardless... I'm also running XP SP3 on my main GBPVR server.

Quote:The Channel Logo Tool only shows the previously setup analog channels, so there is no way to assign logos to the digital channels. I also get an exception when entering the mapping screen.

I understand what you are saying, can I get a screen shot ?

Quote:The popup has a continue option and it seems to work. Is there a way around this.
Looking at the execption message, it's failing reading something from the GBVR database.

Quote:Can I delete my analog tuners and maybe just map the digital tuners and keep the mapping for the analog channels? And then add the analog tuners back. Or do I need to delete the lineup for analog channels in Schedules Direct, map the digital channels, and then add the analog lineup back?
No you shouldn't need to do this, CLT should handle both sources at the same time, it's looking at the channels directly rather than looking at the channels per tuner.
SystemShark, Thanks for the reply. I could not find an error file in C:\Program Files\devnz\GBPVR\Channel Logo Tool 3.73. There is an IMPORT channel in the list. I have no idea what that is or where it came from. I also see the IMPORT channel in Config. I didn't remove it because I didn't want to break anything. I've attach a jpg of the channels displayed in CLT and a jpg from config. I've also included my config.xml. It sounds like the IMPORT channel might be causing the problem.
Hi Dakota,

spotted the error, your got a channel without a name, in your screenshot, the second channel has no name, I've duplicated a channel here and get exactly the same error.

Give the channel a name and you're fixed.

Thanks

eg
SystemShark,
Thanks for the reply. I can't seem to change the channel name in Config/Channels. It won't remove with 'remove unreferenced channels'.
I tried looking for it in Config.xml. Doesn't look like channels are stored in config.xml. The channel does not appear in any of my capture sources.
Any idea how I can remove this channel? Only thing I can think of is remove all capture sources and start over. Is there an easier way?
Hi Dakota,

The way I use to delete a channel is

1. Open Config
  2. Click Capture Sources
  3. Select Tuner Card
  4. Click Edit
  5. In Channels on the Edit Recording Source Window, select the blank Channel
  6. If the blank channel is not in the list. Click ok and Select next tuner
  7. With the blank Channel Selected... Click on Remove
  8. Finally Click OK to exit Edit Recording Source

and this should fix the problem