NextPVR Forums

Full Version: no more "download"??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
every time I try to watch a show it opens IE
I have ATT Uverse here and the download speed is 1/7th what it was at home with comcast.

I see lots of references to "silverlight" now.
is that a netflix thing??
ok, I found "download"

I had to load the silverlight patch, then go and turn it back to "internal player" and it appeared again.

but when I choose "download" it pauses, and drops to windows.
the last line in the log says it is downloading movie.
If you are in the silverlight group, you can't download anymore, you have to stream. Otherwise, there is a bug with episodic movies.
how do I find out what group I am in??
if the silverlight works but the other doesnt does that mean I cant go back??
agidius Wrote:how do I find out what group I am in??
Start a movie on the netflix website, view the source and save it to a text file. Post it and I can tell you for sure.
agidius Wrote:if the silverlight works but the other doesnt does that mean I cant go back??
Not necessarily. The "Silverlight player" is really just launching IE so either version will play in it. If you are in the silverlight group though, you can't go back.
here is the source

watching a movie through IE now.
not too bad except for the lack of control.
once it starts it goes to the end, then have to find a keyboard to plug into it to exit.
The download was agonizingly slow yesterday for me as well, much much slower than a few days ago. I wonder if they changed something to drive users to Silverlight. Aslo, they do not support non-silverlight accounts if you call for help; the solution to all problems is convert to silverlight.
>> I wonder if they changed something to drive users to Silverlight.
From what I gathered talking to Tech Support at Netflix, Silverlight is where they are going for everyone.
I think they are simply going to post a note saying 'Silverlight or nothing', not anything like altering performance to 'drive' people.
I would also suspect that anything non-Silverlight is a non-priority, so if there is an issue they won't exactly hop to it.
agidius Wrote:here is the source

watching a movie through IE now.
not too bad except for the lack of control.
once it starts it goes to the end, then have to find a keyboard to plug into it to exit.

You're not on silverlight. Try the 1.2.6rc1 patch: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=3...stcount=32

You will need to close pvrx2 and stop the recording service before replacing the dlls.