NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Missing Titles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I went to the netflix website to make a list of watch now content I was interested in (I should note these were all listed as new, except for Blade Runner). When I go to the plugin, every one of the movies I was interested in is not listed. As well, some that are listed do not download, it says they are no longer available.

I was wondering if the change to Silverlight is the issue? I am not using Silverlight, still the old version are they only releasing new movies under Silverlight perhaps? One other indicator that led me to this theory is that the top 50 really only lists 23 items. The movies i was interested in were:

revolver
goodfellas
fallen
blade
Spies like us
Vacation
The six wives of henry the 8th
The last boyscout
Superman 4
Ace ventura when nature calls
road warrier add to queue
Postal
8 heads in a duffel bag

The movie that said it was no longer available was Blade Runner.

Thanks!
It looks like whurlston hasn't updated the movielist.xml file in a full month; the header on the current file is 12-20-2008. He talked about having that all but completely automated back then, but apparently not much has happened since.
I wasn't able to finish it before I had to give up my development machine, sorry. (It was company provided.) My replacement machine is on order but has yet to arrive. So I haven't been able to do much. I'll be a coding fool once it arrives though. I should have had it by now so hopefully only a couple more days at the most.
whurlston Wrote:I wasn't able to finish it before I had to give up my development machine, sorry.

Ah, yes, I remember you mentioning something to that effect in a previous threads. I suppose we'll have to forgive you this once... Wink
whurlston Wrote:I wasn't able to finish it before I had to give up my development machine, sorry. (It was company provided.) My replacement machine is on order but has yet to arrive. So I haven't been able to do much. I'll be a coding fool once it arrives though. I should have had it by now so hopefully only a couple more days at the most.

No problem at all of course, but do you (or anyone) have any insight as to the library situation? Meaning, is everything pretty much available for both Silverlight and whatever we use right up to the mandated switch? Or is the newer stuff getting on Silverlight and not what we use? Also, does anyone have any insight as to when they are mandating a switch over to Silverlight?

Sorry for all of the questions, I have googled and googled and no one seems to be writing about this stuff.
RaulDuke Wrote:No problem at all of course, but do you (or anyone) have any insight as to the library situation? Meaning, is everything pretty much available for both Silverlight and whatever we use right up to the mandated switch? Or is the newer stuff getting on Silverlight and not what we use? Also, does anyone have any insight as to when they are mandating a switch over to Silverlight?

Sorry for all of the questions, I have googled and googled and no one seems to be writing about this stuff.
I don't think that they are Silverlight only but I can't confirm that since I am in the Silverlight group. If someone who is not in the SL group can watch one of the movies you listed on the Netflix website, view the source on the page, then zip and post it, I can tell you definitively.

Blade Runner is no longer available for either group. With the new API I will be able to include the dates that titles are available. I previously did not have access to that information.
Sorry to be a bother, but perhaps you could update the movielist.xml one more time? And also fix the bug in the current plugin that prevents TV shows from working with Silverlight (only shows Download instead of Watch). Then we promise to wait patiently for the new plugin.

Thanks.
I'll try to update the list tomorrow. I've been working some crazy hours due to migrating a webserver for a hosting firm as well as end of year and migrating to new accounting software for my main job. I'll be patching the existing plugin as soon as I can (before I get back to working on the new plugin).
whurlston Wrote:...for my main job.

What, you mean you have to have a real job in addition to the fame and fortune brought to you by your involvement in GB-PVR? Big Grin
johnsonx42 Wrote:What, you mean you have to have a real job in addition to the fame and fortune brought to you by your involvement in GB-PVR? Big Grin
Gotta pay the bills and keep up my HTPC addiction somehow. I will try to get the list updated as soon as possible. I'm without power (again) and my almost new generator has decided to start outputting 1.7V. They say that it could take 7-10 days on getting power back so I may be scarce for a few days.
Pages: 1 2