NextPVR Forums

Full Version: ROM close
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you close your ROM and exit back to GBPVR? I'm using Nestopia and ZSNES and when I close a ROM it just goes back to emulator menu. I'd like for it to go directly back to GBPVR.

Thanks all!
tonydotigr85 Wrote:How do you close your ROM and exit back to GBPVR? I'm using Nestopia and ZSNES and when I close a ROM it just goes back to emulator menu. I'd like for it to go directly back to GBPVR.

Thanks all!
For Nestopia use Alt+X.

For ZSNES I believe you can set the key you want to exit in MISC/MISC KEYS... Make sure you select MISC/SAVE CFG after you set the new key.

Alternatively you can use ALT+F4 to close most emulators. It doesn't seem to work for ZSNES using HIP, but does for most any other program running in windows. Be careful though, if you press it more than once, it will close any other programs (pvrx2) you have running too.
I find that having the "back" key on the remote set to ESC and just pressing back on the remote works for me. I just send ESC* to the active window, most emulators use escape to exit them. (*can't check 100% thats all I do but will check later when the films thats playing has finished).

I have just had to write a wrapper for the PCSX emulator as this one doesn't support keyboard shortcuts, I may post this to the forum if anyone else would like to use the emulator or see how I wrapped it using autoit (very easy to change for other apps and emulators)

Cheers
Do you know how I could program an ESC or ALT+X or ALT+F4 on the gamepad?
I don't use the gamepad, I have seen posts about people that do that type of thing (try a search), but for me it would be too easy to get caried away and hit the "Get me out of here" key while playing a game. Hence why I use the remote for controlling selecting, entering and exiting the game and depending on the emulator a joystick or gamepad for playing the game.

Cheers
Okay, how did you program your remote to do an alt-f4 or alt-x?

Thanks!
tonydotigr85 Wrote:Do you know how I could program an ESC or ALT+X or ALT+F4 on the gamepad?

google for joytokey
for the remote I currently use IR Server Suite (search the forum here) and in the past I have used HIP (Think the wiki has a howto on this one).

Cheers

Paul