NextPVR Forums

Full Version: net paths changed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i just upgraded to newest release firmware[08.10.23] and looks like things have changed a bit..

dl'd newest mvpmcx2 and files an dthey work fine starting from browse, but is there any way to automate getting there?
trying to get http://localhost.drives:8883/[SMB] syntax for my share to load script.cgi from there...can this be done still?
[the browsing is slow]

am not using hd at moment,just share load...
I think what was done in the August firmware but here is the link

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=37117

FWIW I expect new firmware this week that has resume, fixes a few regressions in the Oct firmware, and improves mkv performance further.

Martin
hmmm,can't seem to get it working on mine..
Quote:<a href="http://localhost.drives:8883/NETWORK_SHARE/PVR2:MVPMC/script.cgi" >Telnet</a>
doesn't seem to work for me..can't load page..
maybe caps? my share is in caps, and nmt shows it this way "PVR2:MVPMC"
n/m...upgrade seems to have changed my ip address....lol

btw, looking forward to the new release...i find resume to be the most missed on nmt..
seems much snappier thesedays too...excellent work dude Big Grin

finally using it on my 1080i 4/3 tv.. menus a bit overscan but i suspect that can be changed in config.xml? or should i just use the new zoom options? [are they sticky between reboots?]

boy, development is a lot easier when they're in the same room...lol
You need to use config.xml settings for overscan, the zoom settings only apply to the media player.

Getting a cheapo HD monitor of developing on the PCH simplified my life too. Doing everything in SD didn't cut it.

Martin
this one's a 60" that only has component inputs, and not even a hd tuner inside!
almost nothing on the market has 1080i component outs...[just cable boxes/sat boxes]
still can't find a cheap hd tuner with component hd outs..
so pretty much useless for hd without a hd cable/sat box...

but not anymore..Smile

got my menus adjusted, back to normal...thanx

now off to adjust my config.xml and run into the other room...
..a bunch of times... Big Grin
everything works great, just one problem...after i stop playing media, it often hangs and just gives black screen...can't even power off w/remote, but killing mvpserver gets me back..
any suggestions?
"any key"? lol no space bar on my remote...Big Grin
[the 'official' "anykey to continue"]
or is that just a hazard of the complicated handshaking going on?

i did notice this in a later session log:
Code:
2009-01-20 01:37:49.852    VERBOSE    [7]    Opening media file: forcefailure
2009-01-20 01:37:49.852    ERROR    [7]    Media stream thread caught exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR\forcefailure'.
File name: 'C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR\forcefailure'
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at GBPVRX2.MVP.x3ca133dee7547455.xf9d81bb81f7c2ff0()
n/m about the stop thing, just add me to the list of those getting comskip problems..

but can't seem to change the UI size with any changes, i'd rather not change the main zoom settings that affect the main server, just the nmt ui settings..
changes to the config.xml MVPWidth and Offset don't seem to do anything..
didn't see any zoom settings in mvp section...