NextPVR Forums

Full Version: PVR350 issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got myself a Hauppauge PVR350 recently and I'm having a few issues.

The first is that there is no sound when using the pvr350 tv-out in GB-PVR. When rendering to the screen in wintv2000 the sound is fine. System sounds also work fine.

Next is that the image that GB-PVR sends to the tv is vertically stretched some and the top and bottom of the image is cut off. It's not enough to really notice unless you're looking for it or have some reason to look specifically at the edges of the display. I'm using the s-video out of the pvr350.

Lastly when watching live tv sometimes the image goes to a series of tightly spaced red bars. When this happens the cpu goes to 100% and spins there. If I play with things to much at this point sometimes the entire computer will lock up. Reinstalling the pvr350 drivers helped a lot and disabling the second cpu in my box helped more (I'm using a dual 350Mhz box). Actually it hasn't happened since disabling the second cpu but I haven't really put it through it's paces hard.
which drivers are you using? download the latest at shspvr.com.

if you edit the config.xml file it will have the screeen settings for the 350 output. adjust the xpos, ypos,width, and height to better suit your tv and reduce the "stretch"
The shspvr driver didn't help, actually it is an older driver and just made things worse.

shspvr has version 21.22168. With this driver I have no sound and all the blue on the tv image is changed to green.

The driver that came on the cd is 21.22266. The color is ok with this driver but still no sound.
I think you didn't quite know where to look =) Check for the drivers here. Be sure to follow the instructions on the shspvr site on how to properly install new drivers.

On the sound issue, you are aware that you need to use the 350's own sound-out when you use the 350's tv-out? :-D

Good luck!
[b Wrote:Quote[/b] ]I think you didn't quite know where to look

Silly me, I assumed the driver linked from the website would be the latest one... I'll try again and see if it fixes the multi-proc problem.

[b Wrote:Quote[/b] ]On the sound issue, you are aware that you need to use the 350's own sound-out when you use the 350's tv-out?

Ah man I'm an idiot. I was still using the output from my sound card. Before I got the 350 I was using a 250/nvidia combo. Everything works great now! Thanks.
I'm confused on one thing. I guess that wintv2000 sends audio out to the sound card? Because when running wintv and using the 350's output, I can get sound from my soundcard and video from the 350. When running gbpvr, I can only get sound output from the 350's tv out and NOT from the soundcard.

Just a difference in software, I guess?
just plug the 350 sound out into your sound cards line in, then the line out of your sound card to your tv/speakers etc.
Umm, the newest drivers for the PVR 250/350 are found here.