NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Trying to get HP dv5t tuner working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I have a HP dv5t laptop, and am trying to get the DVB-T tuner working. I've had to add the details to bda.ini:

[HP DVB-T]
TUNING_TYPE=DVB-T
FILTER_TUNER=HP DVBT Tuner
FILTER_CAPTURE=HP Digital Capture DVBT
PIN_TUNER_IN=Input0
PIN_TUNER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_IN=MPEG2 Transport
PIN_CAPTURE_OUT=MPEG2 Transport

I took this info from graphedit as per a post on the wiki I found. The card now appears to be found, but when I "map digital channels" and it "scans for channels" I get no results. The signal is good where the antenna is, as I can get a picture in Windows 7 MC.

Perhaps I haven't set it up correctly or am missing something. GB-PVR is a lot more technically complex for beginners Smile

Attached are my logs as I've seen others do. I'm running XP Pro and trying to get NZ Freeview DVB-T.

Thanks for any help.
From what I can tell in the logs, everything looks fine gives no errors, but the device never manages to lock onto a signal. Maybe check its scanning the correct frequencies for the transmitter your antenna is pointing at.
I'm using the latest version of GB, and have set it to NZ Freeview, Waikato region. I would assume this has the correct frequencies. I do not know what they are. The scan is very fast compared to Win 7 - perhaps it's not scanning the whole range like Win 7 (which isn't necessary if you know where to look for the signals), but could also indicate a problem.
Maybe try scanning the 'all countries / all regions' instead of Waikato.
I still get no channels found with all regions/countries. Here are the logs from that scan.
Sorry, I dont know. There is no sign of any errors - it just looks like the device never manages to lock onto a signal.
Is it possible I haven't added my tv tuner to GB correctly?
I dont think so. There isnt any sign of any errors in the logs.
Hi Sub,

Randomly the other day I tired an All Region scan again, and found all the channels. Dunno why it didn't work earlier ; probably the antenna position. However, in the process of trying to get the radio going, it appears the channel info in the ini file is incorrect.

Note that I'm in Hamilton, not Te Aroha, so perhaps it's slightly different here. Either way, there should be a Hamilton option or the Te Aroha settings should be changed.

Here's a link to the post with the details.

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php...post334127
Ok, I've added a "Hamilton Infill" option for the next release. The "Te Aroha" settings are correct, but these are not the broadcasts you're using.