NextPVR Forums

Full Version: PCH Error after Hibernate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, asked this question over at the NMT forum but no respons so I though I should try here instead.

http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...?tid=15913

The problem Im having is that I can not access my computers HDs from my PCHs after the computer comes out of hibernation. However, I am able to browse the network using the "Network Browser" but as soon as I select something with content in i get the "An Error has occurred....." message. I have to restart each PCH and everything works fine again.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

\\Agerdin
I am guessing that you are using passwords and the PCH needs to re-authenticate itself after a hibernate but it doesn't. Other than selecting a new source I don't know how this could be forced.

Using the Network Browser assumes guest access which would show no content on a password protected share.

Martin
mvallevand Wrote:I am guessing that you are using passwords and the PCH needs to re-authenticate itself after a hibernate but it doesn't. Other than selecting a new source I don't know how this could be forced.

Using the Network Browser assumes guest access which would show no content on a password protected share.

Martin

No, I dont have any passwords (left all blank when setting to share) on any of my shares and I am still on XP.

Any other thoughts, any logs I can look at?

\\Agerdin
If you did have telnet running you could try to see if the shares are mounted. Issue this command with no parameters

mount

You could also try the following command which might show smb (CIFS) errors from the system log

dmesg

Martin