NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Cannot import EPG XMLTV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been unable to import my EPG from my PCH for about a week but nothing was updating but there was no error. I had some time to sit down to try it and from the config program and this time I could tell it was a duplicate channel id. So I fixed this and tried several times from the PCH and still no EPG data. I returned to the config.exe and tried again and this time it worked.

Is EPG guide updating from the MVP/PCH working? Logs attached.

Martin
So it works from the config app, but not from PCH "System" screen? Does the account that runs the Recording Service have access to the C:\bin32\epg\atsc.xml file?
My recording service runs as local system and it has read this folder since whurlston wrote the great mce2xml tools.

Martin
From what I can tell, it found the file, and manage to read the listings without any problems, but it only contained listings for the following channels:

Quote:2009-01-30 20:16:10.444 VERBOSE [11] About to return final XMLTV channel list. Count = 4
2009-01-30 20:16:10.444 VERBOSE [11] - channel CKXT : 532 shows
2009-01-30 20:16:10.444 VERBOSE [11] - channel CKXTDT : 532 shows
2009-01-30 20:16:10.444 VERBOSE [11] - channel CBOTDT : 539 shows
2009-01-30 20:16:10.444 VERBOSE [11] - channel CBOFT : 420 shows
That is atsc.xml it was working. analog.xml would not.

Martin
Hmm, the does seem to be a message saying its about to read that file, but not indication of it completing.

Quote:2009-01-30 20:16:10.444 VERBOSE [11] Loading XMLTV File: C:\bin32\epg\analog.xml
Does that xmltv file have any references to channel icons? If so, some times this can cause a slow time to complete.
Sorry I don't use icons. Also in case you are wondering I have not reindexed the gbpvr.db3 for the speed fix. The OSD didn't have any text indicating the import was in process (which usually is there for a minute or so)

Martin
I can see in your config.exe attempt to update the epg (which succeeded), it took 1:15 to complete. Your MVP log did not give it that long. You had shutdown the MVP session 0:50 seconds after it started reading analog.xml.
Ok, I emptied the EPG and waited a minute longer and it worked. This time the text Read XMLTV file stayed on the screen too after I woke it up from the screen saver. Thanks for the help.

If there is an error because of the import failing on a duplicate it would be nice to see that information written to the screen too.

Martin