NextPVR Forums

Full Version: UltraXMLTV: Multiple Lineups?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have looked in the wiki and searched the forum, and did not find any directions on how to set up UltraXMLTV for multiple Schedule Direct lineups. I have a Hauppauge 1600 and would like to set up listings for the QAM channels I have available.
Any guidance regarding how to set up the batch files, XMLTV config, etc. would be greatly appreciated!
I do exactly this. I run two downloads set up in separate directories. The first one is QAM only.
From my Updateepg.bat:

cd /d C:\EPG\New Folder

mc2xml -f -c us -g 92021

c:\epg\UltraXMLTV_Enhancer.exe c:\epg\New Folder\xmltv.xml

cd /d C:\EPG

mc2xml -c us -g 92021

c:\epg\UltraXMLTV_Enhancer.exe c:\epg\xmltv.xml

Copy xmltv.xml Temp-EPG.xml
Alternately XMLTV has the ability to load 2 seperate schedules the run once more to combine the schedules into one - then run Uxmltv. I can't remember the command parms needed for xmtlv but its there.
FlatEarth Wrote:I have looked in the wiki and searched the forum, and did not find any directions on how to set up UltraXMLTV for multiple Schedule Direct lineups. I have a Hauppauge 1600 and would like to set up listings for the QAM channels I have available.
Any guidance regarding how to set up the batch files, XMLTV config, etc. would be greatly appreciated!

The guys are right... And there are still more ways to skin that cat... so if you're still having trouble...
About to do this, is there a best practice here anywhere, looks like there are many ways to do this?

I'm looking to set up enhanced listings for the first time, for the purpose of being able to only record new episodes for some programs, to see the synopsis, and to be able to search for upcoming movies in the listings.

My setup:
4 tuners
3 SchedulesDirect listings (just renewed my subscription)
thinking of using xmltv.exe and UltraXMLTV together...

What would the best approach to start out with??
carpeVideo Wrote:Alternately XMLTV has the ability to load 2 seperate schedules the run once more to combine the schedules into one - then run Uxmltv. I can't remember the command parms needed for xmtlv but its there.
I did it something like this:

xmltv.exe tv_cat infile1.xml infile2.xml > outfile.xml

I think you can specify the output file using an option (like -o or something) to eliminate the redirect (more elegant maybe), but this was good enough for me.