NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MVPMCX2 unstable on my PCH A100
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Martin,

Seems like after playing about 2-3 video files that mvpmcx2 locks up when stopping the playback. The screen goes dark like it's going to switch back to the MVPMCX2 interface, but it gets hung up at that point. Often I can just barely see a ghost image on the screen of what I was playing when I hit stop. I can telnet to and restart the PCH whenever it happens, and it's easily reproducible. Are there any logs generated that I can pass on? Any suggestions on troubleshooting? I'm not overly familiar with the filesystem structure on the PCH yet but am an experienced linux admin.

Thanks!

Almost forgot, I am running the latest PCH firmware and the latest GBPVR.
This sounds like a server side configuration issue. Compress and upload your logs and I will have a look.

Martin
Thanks Martin. Logs are attached. I caused it to crash right before I grabbed the logfiles so it should be very close to the end of the logs.
There are a quite a few things, I don't know where to start

- Your config.xml is not configured properly for a PCH, (maybe this is the place)

Code:
getValue: /settings/MVPSpecificSettings/MAC-0006DC421BDD/MVPClientType : unknown

- the screensaver plugin is generating a lot of errors making the logs difficult to browse

- you have a comskip file that can cause problems in certain situation

- but the line that is causing a crash is a missing filename,

Code:
2009-02-03 18:51:33.048    VERBOSE    [7]    MVP playback requested:  (shortname)
2009-02-03 18:51:33.064    VERBOSE    [7]    MVP playback requested:  (longname)

Martin
I saw the screensaver plugin errors. I didn't think it was the screensaver or comskip because it was crashing on playback stop, not start, or when it's idle. I'm confused how it's crashing at the missing filename though... it's crashing when stopping playing a file, not starting. What file would it be starting playback of when I hit the stop button?
Here's the relevant section from my config.xml. I didn't configure this as I was under the impression the easy installer did this for me.

<MAC-0006DC421bdd>
<MVPSendIncrementalUpdates>true</MVPSendIncrementalUpdates>
<MVPClientType>PCH</MVPClientType>
<MVPWidth>1280</MVPWidth>
<MVPHeight>720</MVPHeight>
<MVPOffsetX>0</MVPOffsetX>
<MVPOffsetY>0</MVPOffsetY>
</MAC-0006DC421bdd>

Is the mac case sensitive?
GBPVR doesn't like lower case MAC addresses.

Martin
OK, I fixed the mac address. No difference. Looks like it's the comskip problem for me also. I found a file that I can reproduce the crashes on repeatedly. When I remove the comskip files it doesn't crash. Put them back, it crashes. Not having comskip working on the PCH is very bad for the WAF. Having it crash because of comskip files isn't any better.

I still don't understand why this happens on stopping playback though. I would think it would happen on starting playback, not stopping.
The crash does happen when the file starts, but because the PCH media player runs as an independent child process you won't always notice anything until the process is finished.

Martin