NextPVR Forums

Full Version: No sound playing trailers or other .mpg files through mvp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I currently have the cinema plugin installed. I am also using startConvert.bat and Convert.bat to automatically convert my trailers from .mov to .mpg so that they will play on the mediaMVP. The problem is that the .mpg files have no sound when played through the mediaMVP. The video shows up fine and great, but there is no sound. When I play the file from my computer, the sound is there, but its not there from the mvp. This just recently occurred about a week ago. The trailers played fine before as .mpg's, but not now (no sound). Not sure what happened.

Also, the other day I converted some .wmv files to .mpg and the same thing happened. The mvp played the video, but not the sound. The recorded shows play fine though.

Anyone else experience this?
I had a similar issue recently. I was transcoding HD TS streams to .mpg files to play on the MVP. When the audio was converted at 224kbit, I got no sound. I transcoded other files at 192 kbit, and these worked fine. It was the same symptom, video was fine, no audio.

At the time I was also trying different dongles. As I remember, I had problems with audio not working on the mvpmc dongle, when it would play fine with the standard dongle.

I'd like to get this figured out, because I would like to use mvpmc to support WOL.

Try different dongles or perhaps encoding the audio at a different bit rate.
@navyblue and @Pengu could you make a 20MB chunk of your transcoded samples that don't work and put it on megaupload or another free fileshare site and I will have a listen.

Martin
I'll try to recreate the problem (verify that it is how I remember it), and upload a chunk of video.