NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Use second monitor?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got one monitor hooked up to my PC, which is monitor #1, and is generally turned off. I just use it for admin sorts of things. Monitor #2 is my TV, and that's what I view GBPVR on.

Netflix Watch Now always starts up on monitor #1. Is there any way to change it to start up on monitor #2? Maybe have it check the GBPVR flag for the second monitor?
you'll probably have to set monitor 2 as 'primary' monitor....
meaning monitor which gets any system dialog boxes by default...
it can still be labelled #2 but it would have to be primary display in driver setup..
which is usually annoying cuz alerts and such will pop up 'under' gbpvr if running fullscreen on second monitor...you'd never see them...

unless there's some sort of choice in player app's config to choose second monitor...Smile
Actually, the plugin will read the value of the GBPVR windowed mode setting and open there.

1. Check the "Windowed mode" box in Config.
  2. Start PVRx2.
  3. Drag the window to the monitor on which you want the plugin to open.
  4. Close PVRx2.

The next time you launch the player from the plugin, it should open on that monitor.
Quote:you'll probably have to set monitor 2 as 'primary' monitor....
meaning monitor which gets any system dialog boxes by default...
it can still be labelled #2 but it would have to be primary display in driver setup..
which is usually annoying cuz alerts and such will pop up 'under' gbpvr if running fullscreen on second monitor...you'd never see them...

Right, that's the reason I made it secondary, because I was missing all those pop-ups.

I guess I could just mirror the display, but what does that do to performance?

whurlston Wrote:Actually, the plugin will read the value of the GBPVR windowed mode setting and open there.

1. Check the "Windowed mode" box in Config.
  2. Start PVRx2.
  3. Drag the window to the monitor on which you want the plugin to open.
  4. Close PVRx2.

The next time you launch the player from the plugin, it should open on that monitor.

Okay, except that I don't want to use windowed mode. Seeing the window frame really bugs me. Smile

(Finally, why am I not getting notifications of replies to this thread? I get them for other threads on this forum. Thread notification is set to "Instant email notification" -- I just checked!)
jmontana Wrote:Okay, except that I don't want to use windowed mode. Seeing the window frame really bugs me. Smile
You can uncheck Windowed mode after doing that. It just needs to be opened in windowed mode at least once on that monitor to set the appropriate Registry keys so that the plugin can read them and know where to open.

"Primary" doesn't matter. GBPVR always assumes the monitor on the left is primary and the monitor on the right is secondary.

jmontana Wrote:(Finally, why am I not getting notifications of replies to this thread? I get them for other threads on this forum. Thread notification is set to "Instant email notification" -- I just checked!)
Sorry, not sure on that one.