NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Haup remote buttons remapped during video playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok here's the scenario:
Have a bunch of converted movies (in avi format) I am using a MVP for the front end. I select a movie it starts playing, great! I'm happy. looks good, sounds good, life's good.
About 20-30 minutes into the movie I try using the Haup. remote to skip ahead 60 seconds. Somehow the buttons on the remote are re-mapped to reverse instead of forward. If I press the button for skipping ahead (>|) it rewinds the video 60 or so. I've tried this on a few different files. It seems the only way to get things back to normal is to exit out or restart the mvp.
Another issue comes up:
I though by the wiki guide that if I exit out of a video and try to go back in, it should ask if I want to resume playback. Don't have that option. It just starts from the beginning. So far I haven't come across any simple way to remap a button on the remote to skip ahead more than 60 seconds, which is very annoying if you were in the middle of a movie, attempt to skip ahead and end up 10 minutes behind :-(

Would the file format be an issue?
Any ideas on this would be great.
Because avi files are not natively supported on the MVP, it needs to do an on-the-fly transcode to a temporarily .MPG file. Because of this resume is not supported, and skipping can be dodgy.

Pretty much all you can do to work around this is convert your videos to MPEG-2 .mpg files prior to trying to play them on the MVP.
I was thinking of trying that just before you replied.
I'll give it a shot and see how it works!
Thanks sub