NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Script.cgi - how to reference another share?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

I am just setting up GB-PVR with a Popocrn Hour A100 and Windows Home Server. Making progress but need help.

In the CGI script I have the line 'mount -t cifs //192.168.0.8/mvpmc /etc/mvpmc/ -o username=mark,rw;'

The MVPMC share is not at the root of C: i.e. C:\MVPMC it is D:\shares\MVPMC. It is shared correctly in WHS and I can see it and access it from the Popcorn Hour as Network Share. The user name is the same as teh one used when accessing the share from the Popcorn Hour.

Do I need to reference it differently in the CGI script?

Many thanks

Mark
The mvpmc share can be anywhere on any shared drive or other network device. Mine is located on an always on NAS. The NMT Installer simply selects c:\mvpmc as a default.

Martin
Martin

Many thanks. I think that means I have got the line correct for my setup.

However when I select Telnet from the Popcorn Hour I get a message 'mkdir: cannot create director'

From other comments in the forum I'm guessing my issue is therefore permissions related. Is that correct?

I have tried your auto-installer (what a great idea :-)) but I am getting a related problem in that when I click on GB-PVR Network Browser I get a message 'request cannot be processed'.

Any help appreciated

Regards

Mark
I suggest reading this thread, there are a couple of scenarios on the most common problems after install.

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=40394

Martin
Martin

Superb - thankyou.

The problem was case sensitivity. My server is named RUDGESERVER whereas my share was named rudgeserver. Renamed the share and bingo - works. Thanks again

Another quick query - I am using a SD screen and the menu is slightly off screen. How can I adjust the resolution? PCH Video is set to PAL

Thanks

Mark
You probably have to adjust for the overscan, since GBPVR is often too close on the left margin. A could start would be to reduce everthing to these levels manually and restart the GBPVR Recording service.

<MVPWidth>600</MVPWidth>
<MVPHeight>530</MVPHeight>
<MVPOffsetX>20</MVPOffsetX>
<MVPOffsetY>00</MVPOffsetY>

Here is a GBPVR plugin that helped some people too. http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Plugi...enPosition

Martin