NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just signed up for the Netflix 2 week trial becasue I really wanted to give this plugin a try. I have my test setup with 1.3.11 installed, copy the plugin files, add the patch from 1.0.2.6rc1. I then try and download a few movies but get the error 'no data streams available'. I read that that may be because I need to use the silverlight player so I change that in the config and I can now watch movies.

It seems that it opens another window of internet explorer to watch the movie via the player. I then maximize the window and tell it to use full screen but will I always have to do this? How do you get back to GBPVR once the movie is complete? Is there something else I need to do? Thanks.
elbryyan Wrote:I just signed up for the Netflix 2 week trial becasue I really wanted to give this plugin a try. I have my test setup with 1.3.11 installed, copy the plugin files, add the patch from 1.0.2.6rc1. I then try and download a few movies but get the error 'no data streams available'. I read that that may be because I need to use the silverlight player so I change that in the config and I can now watch movies.
Yes, if you just signed up you would be in the Silverlight group so you will not be able to download any movies. You will need to watch them streaming.

elbryyan Wrote:It seems that it opens another window of internet explorer to watch the movie via the player. I then maximize the window and tell it to use full screen but will I always have to do this? How do you get back to GBPVR once the movie is complete? Is there something else I need to do? Thanks.
Yes, it does open IE to play the movie. GBPVR is unable to play the movies natively due to DRM so an external player is required. If you enable Kiosk mode, IE will open in fullscreen but you will need a way to send "Alt-F4" to close it, be it a keyboard or a programmed remote command. I am working my own player window that will respond to GBPVR commands.
Thanks whurlston. I got interested in this plugin when you first starting it out so I was unaware of the silverlight streaming stuff. I have also been preoccupied with getting a client setup for our bedroom. This is a really neat plugin so I a appreciate all the work you have put into it.