NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Shutdown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded the latest and greatest Slimmgbpvr.

Unfortunately, the delayed shutdown still turns off my computer, when i've requested a restart.

"shutdown -r" does a reboot, not a turn off.

Is there anyway to set it to default to "reboot" instead of shutdown?

or could we get a slimm cmdline option to restart when then the recordings are finished?

Thanks
So when you select Restart from the Shutdown menu on Slimm GBPVR, it just turns the machine off?
i'd like to run a scheduled task that reboots the computer in the morning.

It works ok if nothing is recording, if it is recording, slimm catches it, but the delayed shutdown turns into "Turn off"

Thanks
Thanks for the explanation. Could you attach your logs please? You can use Tools/Report error to generate a zip file containing all your logs.
Been awhile since I've done any surgery on the GBPVR box. Here are the log files you requested..

This was generated from a "shutdown -r" (restart) from the command line.

Thanks for your time, Joe
The SystemEvents.SessionEnding .NET event used by Slimm GBPVR does not differentiate between a Restart and Shutdown (no idea why). So it always reports a Shutdown when you restart or turn off the machine. For the time being, you'll just have to choose a scheduled restart that never crosses a recording and make sure the box is on when you get up. Sorry about that.

However, I have just today discovered some interesting code for stopping shutdowns in Vista and a function called ShutdownBlockReasonCreate which I may incorporate into Slimm GBPVR after testing.
Mister Slimm Wrote:The SystemEvents.SessionEnding .NET event used by Slimm GBPVR does not differentiate between a Restart and Shutdown (no idea why). So it always reports a Shutdown when you restart or turn off the machine. For the time being, you'll just have to choose a scheduled restart that never crosses a recording and make sure the box is on when you get up. Sorry about that.

However, I have just today discovered some interesting code for stopping shutdowns in Vista and a function called ShutdownBlockReasonCreate which I may incorporate into Slimm GBPVR after testing.

Thanks for looking into it..

Is there any way we could have a menu option, so it will alway default to restart (on delayed shutdown)?

Because I use alot of record alls, I don't think there are many times where it will always be free.

Might look at the slimm cli, and see if I could put together a batch file, that wouldnt run the shutdown until no recording is running..

Joe
@Bluethunder: I sent you a private message, did you get it?