NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Chicking MCP/NMT Server Service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I cant connect my PCH to my GBPVR server today, it will make the telnet connection bbut not the GBPVR one.

I'm sure from the GBPVR server I could Alt-Tab and see the MVP/NMT app running, but now I cant even after a reboot.

Any ideas?
I'd start by checking if the firewall settings changed. I'm not sure why you were seeing the server box in the tool bar in the first place, but not seeing it isn't bad.

Martin
Firewall still switched off.

The server bar was appearing just above the start button if I Alt-Tab, is there a way to check if it's running or not?
You should see a PVRX2.exe process in Task Manager if you view processes from all users

Martin
OK found the problem, but dont know why.

I connected the hard drive last night in the PCH, if I disconnect it GBPVR works.

No that I dont understand as I am not running any scripts from the HDD and still selecting my original GBPVR source.

HELP!
If you change the default source to the hard disk you will need to select the mvpmc share again. Sometimes when you renew the lease on your IP address after an extended period I find it takes several minutes to get all my shares back.

Martin
The default source appear to be set as the HD, how do I change to GBPVR?

throught setup somewhere I guess?
I am not sure but believe the default source doesn't always get saved to flash until the NMT screeen saver comes on.

Martin
just looked on the PCH website, but nobody seems to know there either, lots of people asking though.

Will have to try the scripts on using GBPVR with PCH & HDD
I think most people are asking about automounting shares I don't recall hearing of this problem and I didn't see it when I was testing with a hard disk.

Martin