NextPVR Forums

Full Version: playing divx file on the PCH (and MVP too)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Martin,

I have some divx files which I tried to play on the MVP but they didn't work.

So I thought OK, I think the PCH can play those natively (via GBPVR). It didn't, it just jumped back to the menu.
  • On the PC (via GBPVR) was fine.
  • On the PCH I can also play those without GBPVR
I could however play them by simply renaming the files to .avi.
I have Kepi's XVID installed which I assume GBPVR uses to transcode Divx too? Do I need to install anything else? Or somehow run those files through an external converter?

Thanks!

k.
The GBPVR web server doesn't like divx extensions for the PCH, this is hardcoded and it doesn't read the config.xml video library.

Here was sub's suggestion to rename the file http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=37575

Martin
Why not do the simple option and rename them? Since they probably (for the PCH) don't require transcoding.
I did. Problem is a I don't really want to rename 75 of them if I can help it....

k.
I think you can go "rename *.divx *.avi" in dos if that's what you're not keen on.

Try on a sample first.
I suggest putting this on the wishlist for sub. However note the many people use divx when they mean xvid which usually should be .avi If you are using divx to compress files I'd look to a more open system. Technically the PCH and most extenders (except the divx extender) don't support divx files anyway, and especially when you go to version 6 and 7 they won't play so you would a lot more difficult problem than a rename.

Martin