NextPVR Forums

Full Version: ZProcess: MVP_Cache
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just ran into an odd problem where my recording drive went from having 40GB of free space to having 5MB of free space. I tracked down the problem to 40GB worth of log files in the MVP_Cache folder. I don't know if all of these are being generated from ZProcess yet, but I did find a log file for ZProcess in there. If these are all coming from ZProcess then can I please make a request that a future release delete all log files in this folder when it starts transcoding?

Edit:
After thinking about this a little more, it would probably make more sense if you could just add a config setting as to the debug/logging level that is output. If this already exists please let me know so I can throttle it down.
pbb Wrote:I just ran into an odd problem where my recording drive went from having 40GB of free space to having 5MB of free space. I tracked down the problem to 40GB worth of log files in the MVP_Cache folder. I don't know if all of these are being generated from ZProcess yet, but I did find a log file for ZProcess in there. If these are all coming from ZProcess then can I please make a request that a future release delete all log files in this folder when it starts transcoding?

Edit:
After thinking about this a little more, it would probably make more sense if you could just add a config setting as to the debug/logging level that is output. If this already exists please let me know so I can throttle it down.

The MVP_Cache folder should contain dated subfolders. You should only have as many dated subfolders as 'cache days' as set in the config

That said, the log files really can't get all that big, you basically have a log of one days worth of ZProcessing... And of course there's a copy of each transcoded file that you watched during that day. Usually that's where the big files come from...

Your ideas are good, and I am thinking of doing something like that, but for the time being, you could set the cache days value to something lower, and then you would have less large junk files stored...

At start ZProcess should be purging the dated folders. If the purge is not happening please let me know.