NextPVR Forums

Full Version: XRecord-Fonts and password protection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I have two questions. First, I am using XRecord on a High-def TV. I use the Community Skin 3 and it looks great...is there any easy way to modify the XRecord skin so that it uses the better fonts (smoothed curved letters rather than pixely)? I assume I'm asking if this skin can be made HD or not...I have no idea what is involved, but would love to do that if it is not beyond me (I've tinkered with skin alterations, but am really a newbie here).

Second, I really like the idea of password protection. Is there a way to set up the keys.txt file so that all shows taped have a password unless I specifically unprotect them? Alternatively, could I password protect everything in one command, then use a different password for selected shows. I'd like to restrict what my children can get to, but ratings are not available in my listings and I don't want to have to constantly remember to get in and password protect newly taped shows, so I want everything to be password-protected by default.

Thanks to all who have helped update this plugin for the new version of GBPVR...it has come a LONG way in the past year!
The skin can be made HD to some extent. Look for a post later in the week...
Fatman_do is the man for skinning. XSuite are old plugins so they use old the old less powerful skin format.

There is no default/automatic password mode yet. I don't think the password mode was very popular since I fixed a few bugs with it while testing it to remove hardcoded numbers and make the password popup skinnable and nobody had reported them. I've added this feature to my list.
Fatman_do Wrote:The skin can be made HD to some extent. Look for a post later in the week...

Oh coolio!
Fatman_do Wrote:The skin can be made HD to some extent. Look for a post later in the week...

Excellent! I've been modifying the current skin to allow more programs to display at once (12 seems to work nicely on my bigscreen). The main complaint is the "jaggies" on the font. If we can fix that, perhaps we can post the skin as an option for HD users.
The HD skin will be part of a planned HD version of the CommunitySkin v4
i found i got rid of the jiggies from the text by loading my database off my main machine i have no idea why this worked (its the same database i have had for at least 2 years so maybe there is something in there form a previous release that is picked up by xrecord)
seems on a fresh install is when i had issues with the text on mine
but it proves that its capable of showing the text properly
post a screen shot because i asked about and i dont think fla or anyone got what i was talking about
stustunz Wrote:i found i got rid of the jiggies from the text by loading my database off my main machine i have no idea why this worked (its the same database i have had for at least 2 years so maybe there is something in there form a previous release that is picked up by xrecord)
seems on a fresh install is when i had issues with the text on mine
but it proves that its capable of showing the text properly
post a screen shot because i asked about and i dont think fla or anyone got what i was talking about

Actually, the difference I am dealing with is pretty subtle, so I'm thinking it is likely to be a difference in the skin resolution. It is almost like it is just a font change as the XRecord letters are simply "fuzzier" (and fatter lines) than my Recordings skin, despite the fact that I have specified Arial font for both of them. If you look close, you also notice the edge is a bit more blocky. Here are some screen shots It is easiest to see the problem in the "A" of Archive(sorry the font size is slightly different, but the same fuzziness appears on smaller font sizes as well):
That does look like the effects of upscaling (pixelation and fuzzyness). The default XRecord skin uses a 720x480 background.jpg. It looks like your second image uses a larger background since the same FOX logo looks smaller in it.
yeah thats different than what i was talking about
mine was really blocky steps on any diagonal lines in text
Pages: 1 2 3 4