NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Transcoding TS files without mediaMVP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Zehd
A newbie to Ztools and I would like to know if any of your tools can help me transcode TS files to mpeg. I do not have a mediaMVP but am just hoping to convert within PVRX2 automatically. The auto convert within PVRX2 does not seem to work, but maybe Sub is going to fix this in the next release?
Thanks
Duncan
I'm not familiar with much about Ztools but you can try TSConverter..it's free.
Sunken Wrote:Hello Zehd
A newbie to Ztools and I would like to know if any of your tools can help me transcode TS files to mpeg. I do not have a mediaMVP but am just hoping to convert within PVRX2 automatically. The auto convert within PVRX2 does not seem to work, but maybe Sub is going to fix this in the next release?
Thanks
Duncan

Yes ZProcess should be able to do it. Many people have asked for it, and almost always, I've convinced them to go with on-the-fly transcoding for viewing on the MVP.

Personally I just can't understand why people aren't recording straight into MPG format to begin with... I think it's the ATI mux that will help you with that. (especially as I think that's what sub uses (a fellow kiwi))

If you have content already recorded and need it to transcode, well yeah you can use ZProcess, but maybe the TS Convert program already sugge4sted.

When I get onto rewriting ZProcess in VB.net, I'll be looking at this issue a lot better...
Thanks guys. I will look at those other two options in the interim.
OK guys. I tried TSconverter and it woked well on a test file I downloaded from a UK site but there must be something different about the TS files that GBPVR generates as the avc2avi converter could not open the source file(TS). Tried in safe mode to no avail. Any ideas about why these particular TS files (NZ) are not compatible?
you are recording from dvb-t
which in NZ h264 video and aac audio
you may have issues finding something that will transcode this format