NextPVR Forums

Full Version: CDK Scheduler & Multi-Record TS MUX?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having moving to the newest version of GBPVR (the one with multi tx mux magic where you can record multiple streams if they are in the same TS) *and* comcast unexpectedly moving many of the basic tier digitals to clear QAM, I am now able to record many shows that otherwise would have been in conflict.

However I still use and love and refuse to give up XRecord/CDKScheduler.

I am wondering now if CDKScheduler "knows" about the multi-record capability... in other words does it handle correctly this new ability to record 2 or more shows at once?

I've updated to the latest XRecord drop off the wiki as well - and I cannot tell looking at the recording.log file if its doing the right thing or not!
CDKScheduler has not been made multi-record aware. If you schedule multiple shows at the same time same tuner with the XRecord schedule button and run CDK from the stop menu does only one get scheduled? They should end up in the pending. If you run priorityrecordings.exe from the command prompt you can see from the output what CDKScheduler is doing and why. I'm pretty sure the concurrent recordings will be seen as conflicts.

You could try this in priorityrecordings.xml's Configuration section to ignore conflicts.

<Conflicts>Keep</Conflicts>

Maybe some other CDKScheduler users who unlike me have gone digital can give some advice...
Er, if I do that then I assume it will just leave the conflicts. And then what happens if they're *not* available for multi-record?

I think the solution is to make CDKScheduler multi-record aware.
I added it to my list but I don't have and HDTV or a digital tuner so it's unlikely I'll get to this any time soon. All the XSuite code is on sourceforge if anyone wants to take a crack at it earlier.
It's been way to long since I looked at the code for the conflicts. If GBPVR handles the multiple streams for one channel like it handled Multiple recording devices, CDKScheduler should handle it as the multiple streams might be setup as their own channels.

But, I haven't been using GBPVR too much beyond the 0.98 versions. As Fla said, the source is available on sourceforge to be modified. Still glad to see it still being used after all of these years.

Thanks go to Fla for keeping it going.