NextPVR Forums

Full Version: zSnes doesn't accept commands from HIP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Most of the other emulators do.

HIP is sending F2 and F4 to Save and Load the state (I have F2 (save) mapped to the record button and F4 (load) mapped to the Last button.)

Any thoughts or ideas? (I know it's not a Gamezone thing, but perhaps somebody ran into it.)
I can try with IR server Suite as I don't use HIP, if you are interested?
Thank you. I'm curious as to why it works in most other emulators but not zSnes... or epx360 (the playstation emulator that installs w/ gamezone).
do they use dos style cmd boxes? can be hard to send keystrokes to a dos box...
but also maybe a different module needs to get the keypresses..check processes...
other than that i'd say get a window-id util and see if it's not a hidden window that needs to receive the keystrokes..
Hmmm... interesting. Do you have any more info? A Window-id util? Like what?
I tried it with IR server suite set up using the internal key sending capability, as so:

Remote Key: Record IR-Server Sends F2 (Save Snapshot)
Remote Key: Replay IR-Server Sends F4 (Load Snapshot)

I got the same result as you, it doesn't work.

I got it working by setting IR server Suite to start an external program called simkey.exe now this looks like this:

Remote Key: Record IR-Server Run: simkey.exe [F2] (Save Snapshot)
Remote Key: Replay IR-Server Run: simkey.exe [F4] (Load Snapshot)

This works fine.

Reasone is most likely as indicated when you use the IR programs to direct the output based on the application that is formost, the title or window handle that accepts keyboard commands can sometimes change due to the way the application works. The way I have it is that the IR control program makes sure that the application is foremost and calls a different application that just simulates pressing a key irrespective of what window is foremost.

Hope that helps.

simkey.exe is included as an attachment in this thread.

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=2...ostcount=6

Cheers
Yes... I got HIP to work with SimKey (For F2 and F4, I haven't gotten Alt-F4 working yet).

Sweet... last night I bounced from game to game, reliving the 'good ole days', saving from point to point... and exiting only to be able to come back later.

It's a simple thing, but sometimes, they bring us so much joy.

Gonna post one feature request in another thread though.