NextPVR Forums

Full Version: BBC Iplayer Downloader Plugin - Beta + Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Here is the beta release of the BBC iPlayer Plugin.

As discussed on the thread:

http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=41212

Details on setup and other info is available on the WIKI: http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Plugin/BBCIPlayer

Before you install be aware of the following:
  • This plugin downloads directly from the BBC iPlayer Website, you need to ensure that you delete the recordings after 30 days
  • The plugin updates yout GBPVR.db3 Database, it does this to add the new recordings, it also adds a new 'Virtual' channel. THIS IS AT YOUR RISK. Even though I have tested it, I suggest you backup your current database before you use the plugin, i cannot be held resposible for any lost recordings.
  • The plugin has not been tested on a remote client and will be unlikely to work, I might add this behaviour on a later release.Wink
  • The plugin is still a work in progress, it is likely to have bugs, let me know of more as you find them
  • You may need to have a transcoding app such as FFMPEG or Mencoder (mPlayer) to be able to use the plugin, specifically with an MVP, a link to mencoder is available from the wiki
  • Dependancies on this plugin are, Wiztools and CommonGBPVRUtils, both of these are available from the Wiki
  • The WizUtils dll that I have used isWizUiHelper.dll (1.0.17.11)
  • The CommonGBPVRUtilities.dll I have used is version 3.0.2847.27302, You need to ensure that you use the Latest version zip file, this is available from CommonGBPVRUtils
  • FFMPEG needs the LAME MP3 Codec to be compiled in, if you need a version that has the correct compilation options look here : http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.org/builds/
  • The logging is setup to be pretty verbose, if you have an issue make sure you attach your logs

As far as installation goes just follow the instructions on the Wiki linked below.

Before you run the application you need to run the GBPVR Config utility and set up your options. Make sure you configure your transcoder otherwise the plugin will crash.

Another thing, I am not very good at GUI's so if anyone wants to have a go at re skinning just let me know!

Finally, let me know any issues you have and remember this is a work in progress, i will try to respond to issues as and when I am able, enjoy Cool

NEW VERSION 3 is now released

The latest version is available from the WIKI http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Plugin/BBCIPlayer
what a stunning piece of work smiler. It all worked 100% perfectly first time.

plugin updates download/ecode status nicely.
ffmpeg encoding appeared to be running with 2 threads and low priority.
image copied to folder correctly
recording added to db correctly.

worked with mayhem3 and blue skin but not latest community skin 4-sd beta (not suprising really) - you need to ask fatman_do to add a skin for this.
Sounds good, glad you liked it Smile
I tired to install but after I unzipped the files, I could not ger either config OR GBPVR to start until I deleted the plugin.

Is this related to the setting up of transcoding? I did not do this prior to installing the plugin - I also only have the ffmpeg as installed by GBPVR on my system.

Is there anything specific I should have done?
I already had WizDLLs and CommonGBPVRUtiliies installed (is there something else specifically needed from the full WizTools package?), but I did download and re-install the latest version from the wiki.

Following gEd's post, I changed to the Blue skin and installed.

Thereafter I think I might had taken the same road as garyeuph - I've attached the config.exe.log.

I've never tried any transcoding before, so my Processing tab settings are exactly as they came out of the GBPVR box.

Alex
ACTCMS Wrote:I already had WizDLLs and CommonGBPVRUtiliies installed (is there something else specifically needed from the full WizTools package?), but I did download and re-install the latest version from the wiki.

Following gEd's post, I changed to the Blue skin and installed.

Thereafter I think I might had taken the same road as garyeuph - I've attached the config.exe.log.

I've never tried any transcoding before, so my Processing tab settings are exactly as they came out of the GBPVR box.

Alex

From the logs It looks like you have not got the common gbpvr utililities installed or in the correct location, the DLL (CommonGBPVRUtilities.dll) needs to go in the plugins/common directory or the GBPVR root dir. If it is still an issue, try dropping a copy in to the iplayerplugin plugin dir and see if the issue goes away.

I have updated the title post with the file versions that I am using.
garyeuph Wrote:I tired to install but after I unzipped the files, I could not ger either config OR GBPVR to start until I deleted the plugin.

Is this related to the setting up of transcoding? I did not do this prior to installing the plugin - I also only have the ffmpeg as installed by GBPVR on my system.

Is there anything specific I should have done?

Please zip and attach your pvrx2 and config.exe logs so I can take a look, thanks
smiler Wrote:Please zip and attach your pvrx2 and config.exe logs so I can take a look, thanks

Will, do - I will look at your suggestions to ACTCMS first when I get home tonight and if that doesnt work, post the log files (or details of successSmile)

Thanks
my CommonGBPVRUtilities.dll is in gbpvr folder and is dated 24/9/07. There was an older one in the plugins\common folder (dated 8/107) but deleting this didn;t prevent the plugin from starting so I am not sure that this version is used. In fact this is confimed by the fact that the one in the gbpvr folder is "in use" by the recording service and cannot be deleted.
Just for info I am using the latest version of commonutilities from the wiki:

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Devel.../Utilities

This is dated 18th Oct 2007.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43