NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Newbie with Ultra Renamer question / problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, first post and pretty new to GBPVR. I have searched and haven't found anyone else having problems with the renamer, so I hope this isn't a stupid question!! I have also reread the wiki instructions several times and haven't found any answers there either.

I am using UltraXMLTV Enhancer with no issues creating the new xmltv.xml file. Now having trouble getting the Renamer working. Before adding the renamer line to my PostProcessing.bat file I have been trying to get a manual rename working by running UltraXMLTV_Renamer.exe from windows.

When I input a recently recorded show in the Input Filename, ie
Z:\Video\Recorded TV\American Idol\American Idol_20090310_20002200.avi

I click "Do it", then an error box "error writing to Recording_schedule, in database can catch and stop error"

And this in the log:
3/11/2009 12:12:26 PM : error writing to Recording_schedule, in database, can catch and stop error
3/11/2009 12:12:26 PM : Renamed: American Idol_20090310_20002200.avi to -.avi

And the file is renamed as -.avi

So can anyone point me in the right direction here? I'm assuming that UltraXMLTV_Renamer isn't finding gbpvr.db3, or doesn't know where to look. I have looked through all the ini files but can't find a pointer / file path.

FYI here's what I'm running:
database location = C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR
Ultra location = C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR\EPG\UltraXMLTV_Enhancer
Conversion - done via the selection in Config now, so the file name *should* be updating in the database OK, but I haven't yet looked for a good utility for database lookup
whitney Wrote:Hi everyone, first post and pretty new to GBPVR. I have searched and haven't found anyone else having problems with the renamer, so I hope this isn't a stupid question!! I have also reread the wiki instructions several times and haven't found any answers there either.

I am using UltraXMLTV Enhancer with no issues creating the new xmltv.xml file. Now having trouble getting the Renamer working. Before adding the renamer line to my PostProcessing.bat file I have been trying to get a manual rename working by running UltraXMLTV_Renamer.exe from windows.

When I input a recently recorded show in the Input Filename, ie
Z:\Video\Recorded TV\American Idol\American Idol_20090310_20002200.avi

I click "Do it", then an error box "error writing to Recording_schedule, in database can catch and stop error"

And this in the log:
3/11/2009 12:12:26 PM : error writing to Recording_schedule, in database, can catch and stop error
3/11/2009 12:12:26 PM : Renamed: American Idol_20090310_20002200.avi to -.avi

And the file is renamed as -.avi

So can anyone point me in the right direction here? I'm assuming that UltraXMLTV_Renamer isn't finding gbpvr.db3, or doesn't know where to look. I have looked through all the ini files but can't find a pointer / file path.

FYI here's what I'm running:
database location = C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR
Ultra location = C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR\EPG\UltraXMLTV_Enhancer
Conversion - done via the selection in Config now, so the file name *should* be updating in the database OK, but I haven't yet looked for a good utility for database lookup

Hi there and welcome.

Well it seems like you've done your homework. Everything you wrote sound sabout right except for one thing:

I don't remember the renamer ever working manually. (Maybe I could do it in testing.) I read through my docs again, and now I'm doubly sure it won't work manually

Well anyway, I'll just say, I'm not really looking at version 1 renamer any more. I'm working on Version two of UltraXMLTV Enhancer and the renaming component isn't working/developed yet.

But I'm aware of lots of people that, while trying Version 2, and with my strong suggestion to disable the renamer from the PostProcessing.bat, there will be a lot of files that will need to be renamed.

I haven't really finished the manual renaming function (it does everything but rename) but it's coming soon.

I would give it just a bit more time (a matter of a week or two) and I should have it that you can catch up and rename all the files that were missed and rename for the stuff future forward.

I have a bunch of stuff myself, and I don't want to do it one file at a time!!