NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Upgrade to 1.3.11 now PCH won't connect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I upgraded to 1.3.11 yesterday and now I can't access GBPVR from the PCH. When I try to connect, I believe it is timing out. The screen goes black and blinks like it normally does, but then it reboots after 10 seconds or so (I believe it's timing out).

My server is headless and doesn't have the capability to run PVRX2. However, I can access the GBPVR configuration and scheduled recordings are occurring so I believe my installation is working.

My method of connecting to the PCH is through a shortcut from Swisscenter. This was working fine yesterday before the upgrade.

Any ideas?
Compress and upload your GBPVR logs and I will have a look. Rebooting isn't normal, do you actually go through a long reboot or does the PCH software just restart?

Martin
It's not doing a full reboot just a reload of the PCH software. Logs attached

One other thing. When I remote desktop to the GBPVR server, there are 2 gbpvr icons in the systray.
Something about your upgrade wasn't good the logs show you running 1.3.7

getValue: /settings/Version : GB-PVR v1.3.7

If it just reloads the problem could be related to PVRx2.exe not being opened through a firewall, but I'd personally try another update in case something got missed.

Martin
I'll try running the upgrade again. PVRX2 is definitely open in the firewall. I'll report back. Thanks
It's still not working. After 2 days of this, I'm ready to blow it up and start over. What do I need to back up before uninstalling? I know I should back up the MVPMC folder. What else?
Sorry to hear you are having so many problems. You shouldn't need to touch the mvpmc share folder at all, GBPVR doesn't touch it during the uninstall reinstall

I see you have another message about what to backup in the main forum I think you will get better replies there. Remember a backup from one version isn't necessary compatible with a new version, files are modified during the update process so with an existing setup you don't want to start from scratch by blowing away the directory. Doing an uninstall after the backup should leave the important files.

Martin
My MVPMC share is in my gbpvr folder. Before uninstalling, I'm going to back up that folder just in case.

Thanks
The reinstall fixed the issue. I don't know what happened, but I'm glad it's fixed.