NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Bell TV 6131 receiver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm about to swith to Bell TV HD, with the 6131 receiver, and that receiver has the ability to add a USB drive so to enable a PVR.

I've searched alot to know if it would be possible to rip what was on the EHD (external hard drive), and pretty much all I read is that the data would be encrypted. Thing is though, all the forums I found are several months old, even some years old. So I'm wondering, now...

Any canadians with the 6131 and EHD can confirm/infirm about being able to rip to the PC?

thanks
I will be getting the same piece of hardware in the next few days. Until I knew the files were encrypted, I was thining I could make the GRPVR PC "look" like an external hard drive, avoiding the cost of a HD PVR. I then found out the files were encrypted, too bad.
[Image: bigthumbsdown.gif]
I have a Shaw PVR and have GBPVR setup to record HD shows on my Shaw PVR and other shows just with GBPVR through my Hauppauge PVR-150. This way I can schedule everything through GBPVR but only use the Shaw box to record HD programming. Works pretty well. If I want HD, I have to go to the big screen in the basement and view it there, but it is still recorded by GBPVR and so I can stream it to all of the other tv's in the house "using MVP's" if I don't want to go downstairs.

Ray
Ya but I want to capture HD things, and unless I can unencrypt the EHD or buy Hauppauge's HD PVR, I just can't cap anything with my current setting.
I think the capture needs to be HD PVR... no other way I know of.

Ray
Received it, atm I'm able to watch HD content on tv while recording the same thing I see thru the svideo *in SD*. I'm halfway there. :-)
I am also puzzled by the 6131.I want to copy from the EHD to a Toshiba DVD burner but it seems there are not enough output jacks. With my previous 5290 (the internal HD died) I could do this easily but the Bell 6131 seems deficient. Needless to say, no one at Bell warned me about this. I have a Seagate EHD which works well but I cannot get stuff from it to the DVD burner.